H2O Below newsletter January 08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
H2O Below Newsletter – January 2008

Getting ready for the season… :D

It may only be January and the water may seem cold but now is the time to plan your dive trips for 2008. At the buoy - 64 miles south of Dauphin Island, Alabama the air temperature is 55 but the water temperature is still 68. We are booking trips now for all the holidays and a many weekends all through the summer. If you have a special trip planned or need open dates, now is a great time to call Captain Douglas at (850) 291-3501 or MBT at (850) 455-7702 to reserve the date.

What does it take to make the reservation? You will need to give a credit card number to hold your spot and they need to know the number of divers or riders coming.

:shakehead:How ready are you for trouble?:shakehead:

I recently went to Honduras on a diving trip for Christmas. There were four individuals traveling in our group. Two of our group never made it past Atlanta because Delta Airlines had overbooked the flight. The airline offered two vouchers for $400 each for the individuals who didn’t make the flight, but that didn’t come close to covering the cost of the room, meal plans and diving that was paid in advance. The resort – Cocoview said that it wasn’t their fault that the flight was overbooked therefore they refused to give the missing travelers their costs.

But have no fear, the stranded travelers had purchased trip insurance and were able to get most of their money back.

As divers we should all have Dive Accident Insurance through a company like Diver’s Alert Network, Dive Assure or a similar group. These plans cover situations like dive medical emergencies, chamber coverage and equipment insurance which some health insurance plans and homeowners insurance don’t cover. These plans are very reasonably priced and will also offer Travel Insurance. After the latest trip issues, we highly recommend this coverage for every trip you take.

New Services for 2008 :14:

We will be offering to video your underwater adventure on the H2O Below this year. After your day of discovering the Oriskany, you will be able to take a CD back home or to the office to show your friends and family what the largest artificial reef in the world is truly like. The gorgeous video will give you a visual logbook that you can revisit for years to come.

The H2O Below has also developed dive patches specifically for Oriskany Divers. These make great additions to your favorite dive jacket or dive equipment bag.

:mooner:Where did MBT go? :mooner:

Our friends at MBT have moved to a larger, very convenient store just a mile down the road from the old store. You’ll be very pleased with the new products and tons of parking. Much better for those crazy Saturday mornings getting tanks before coming to the boat.

Improvements to the Marina

For those of you who have been diving with us since Hurricane Ivan, you know that Southwinds Marina where the H2O Below lives has been slow to rebuild. We have been doing battle with the red clay for two years now and thanks to the owners of Marina we now have a rock driveway and other improvements to the harbor. We know that you all will appreciate the improvements.

How to Contact us…

Email – h2obelow@cox.net
Captain Douglas Cell - (850) 291-3501 or
MBT - (850) 455-7702

Donna
By any chance dose the H2O ever make videos to sell? I was thinking it would be cool to kinda keep a collection of the progress of the reef. I usually like to collect local diving videos

P.S
Kudos to MBT the largest and friendliest dive shop on the upper Gulf Coast Way to go Guys

MBT and Scott have hours and hours of video of the Oriskany. They also have videos that are wonderful. Scott is magic with the camera. Call Jim he can get you all kinds of good stuff

MBT and Scott have hours and hours of video of the Oriskany. They also have videos that are wonderful. Scott is magic with the camera. Call Jim he can get you all kinds of good stuff

The ones I have are from MBT. :D:D

Okay. I promise to get ya new stuff with the new (to me) video camera. BTW - I was looking through my still pictures (most are in my gallery) and you can really see the change in the growth from 7/06 to present. It would be fun to put together a comparison video. And maintain it going forward. Sounds like a project for us. I know you'll help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom