YDT's or Mass trip in February???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was looking at my schedule and have febuary 9th and 10th off for diving for sure and I started looking at Gary's schedule. He has a trip penciled in for the YDT's for Saturday and nothing on the 10th. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in either going out to the YDT's on the 9th or trying to get a Mass trip together for the 10th (pending approval by Gary). Here are the tide tables for Pensacola pass on February 10th:

Sa 9 Low 8:13 AM -0.1 6:35 AM Rise 8:01 AM 3
9 High 2:03 PM 0.2 5:32 PM Set 8:22 PM
9 Low 5:54 PM 0.1

Su 10 High 12:09 AM 0.4 6:34 AM Rise 8:32 AM 8
10 Low 7:30 AM 0.2 5:33 PM Set 9:26 PM
10 High 12:40 PM 0.3
10 Low 8:52 PM 0.0

There really isn't a big swing as far as tidal movement, not sure if that would help or hurt us as far as viz goes. So what do you guys/gals think? I was just wanting to see if there was even any interest before I contact Gary from Gary's Gulf Divers Gary's Gulf Divers, Full Service Dive Shops, Orange Beach, Alabama I have not even talked with Gary to see if he would even be interested in doing a Mass trip on the 10th yet, just want to put some feelers out to see if we could get enough interested divers to make a boat first. If there seems to be enough interest I will then contact Gary and try to set it all up. Then we will just have to see who is willing to put their money where their mouth is.

I was looking at my schedule and have febuary 9th and 10th off for diving for sure and I started looking at Gary's schedule. He has a trip penciled in for the YDT's for Saturday and nothing on the 10th. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in either going out to the YDT's on the 9th or trying to get a Mass trip together for the 10th (pending approval by Gary). Here are the tide tables for Pensacola pass on February 10th:

There really isn't a big swing as far as tidal movement, not sure if that would help or hurt us as far as viz goes. So what do you guys/gals think? I was just wanting to see if there was even any interest before I contact Gary from Gary's Gulf Divers Gary's Gulf Divers, Full Service Dive Shops, Orange Beach, Alabama I have not even talked with Gary to see if he would even be interested in doing a Mass trip on the 10th yet, just want to put some feelers out to see if we could get enough interested divers to make a boat first. If there seems to be enough interest I will then contact Gary and try to set it all up. Then we will just have to see who is willing to put their money where their mouth is.

I'm out. I'll likely be diving in Boca Raton with Kira on the 10th...

i would be interested in going,just let me know how things pan out..

I'm in for Saturday and the YDTs. Not interested in the MASS but would like anything farther out for Sunday. Denise and Kristal have a free place to stay so they may be interested. Angels?

Yes. I would be interested if the weather and conditions cooperate.. :)

My wives birthday is on the 9th, but maybe my gift to her would be to get out of her hair on the 10th. Keep me posted about the 10th. As far as the dive site goes, I am open to anything.

I'm in for Saturday and the YDTs. Not interested in the MASS but would like anything farther out for Sunday. Denise and Kristal have a free place to stay so they may be interested. Angels?

cool, with you and Denise we already would have half a boat. Is there anyone else wanting to make it out to the YDT's. Here are a couple of shots I took on the last trip out there:

0512.JPG

053.JPG

brissle_2.jpg

036.JPG

043.JPG

yello_fish_1.jpg

Kristal should be in also. So where is Gary on this date? Do we agree YDTs on Saturday and Ivan's on Sunday?

I have pictures of two different eels on the YDTs from the last time I went out with Gary. One is black and white spotted, the other was green. And Denise also found that weird body snatcher thing that opened up it's snell right before our eyes and turned into a mushy red thing. REMEMBER?

I need to adjust my meds and get some sleep! :lotsalove:

Point is - it's a cool dive and everybody should come along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom