How about us too!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm noticing that the texans and the new englanders etc. seem to get together for dinners and brewskis.

How about us?

Should we look at putting together a pub night? Do we hold it in Toronto (center of the universe <hee hee>) or out toward kingston. Are there enough coming out for the Outdoors show at the end of Feb?

(Sorry DG, and FredK - I can't make ottawa for a short brew or two!)

Who's interested?

I'd definitely be interested!
how about the center of the SHIPWRECK universe, Kingston? :wink:

oh, and I will be at the outdoor show as well :wink:

was also mentioned, what about OFWF t-shirts? we could do something along these lines?

My vote would be for Kingston since it's about half way between Toronto and Ottawa. I think we'd be able to reach most of the members of this forum and Kingston doesn't have a number of nice places such as the "Grizzly Grill" and "Kingston Micro Pub" etc.

As to Canuckdivers idea about OFWF t-shirts, I know some people in the rag-trade and figure if we could get orders together for about 50 shirts total and decide on a design, we could do 1 colour screen print on the front ( Logo ) and a 3 colour design on the back for around $13 to $14. Should we set up a thread or a poll to gauge interest?

that if one was to go back in time in the Ontario section you will that we had discussed the logo and "T"s etc......i would post a link, but i am somewhat 'puter challanged and also admittidly lazy...:wink: ...i was sure there was some arguement re a Beaver or Moose........I seem to remember the Mooses (?) winning...just because of the possible connetations which could be derived from the beaver. ( I will leave it up to your own imagination)....:wink:

LOL, ok, you just swung my vote...... :wink:

I have a couple of good cartoon mooses (moosi?) we could put the moose on the front and a dive flag on the back?

(still like the beaver idea......)
:eek:ut:

So I am not so lazy......here it is the vote for the mascot......I believe DivingGal was working on something or someone to do the artwork, but memory is lousy and I didn't reread the whole thread.
http://www.scubaboard.com/t8485/s.html

I will be at the Outdoor Show in Feb MTL the Sat...could be coerced in meeting with people if it can be arranged........

hmmm, looks like the beaver divers are slightly ahead.....

I also like the "POSSUM LODGE DIVE TEAM" :wink:

butch, I'll probably be there sat, as well

There are/were lots of thoughts regarding the mascot....

Unfortunately as Canadians the apologists PC people that we are...the Beaver took a dive..........LOL...............

I will most likely head to the show Sat am......(might have to work in the afternoon).......Hopefully a bunch of us can hook up for a BS session even if is only for an hour or two.......

if we put together a dinner, due to the fact that we are so spread out, we could do it on a rotating location, monthly?

I hope I count as an honourary OFWF.
As discussed over PM with canuckdiver: how about a moose in scuba gear doing some underwater fishing with beer bottles and fish (as listed in Ontario Diver's .sig), swimming in the background? Back of shirt - Ontario map with diver flag and scubaboard URL
Probably 'way too much there but that's my $0.02 CAN

Back
Top Bottom