Aqualung Cousteau/Micra ADJ spares kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I own 2 Micra ADJ seconds with the cousteau 1st stage, I noticed that Aqualung have discontinued this model, I am very fond of this set up but am concerend about the continued availability of overhaul kits. Can anyone shed any light on this? Is there anywhere I can buy some kits for the future or am I unduely concerned. Thanks.

Mine were purchased back in 1998 and have the small exhaust which does cause some bubble interference, I note on the later Micras they changed the exhaust to solve this problem, I assume the actual reg body is the same only the exhaust was swapped, does anyone know if I can buy the newer exhaust, I assume if I had the new version and broke one I could get a replacement? so that being said does anyone know for sure?

One of the older Genesis regulators is basically a Micra with Genesis logos on it. They (Genesis) created an extended exhaust T that is compatible with the Micra regs. I bought several of them a few years ago and replaced all the stock USD exhaust T's with them. Not a perfect solution but they do divert bubbles a bit more.

One of the older Genesis regulators is basically a Micra with Genesis logos on it. They (Genesis) created an extended exhaust T that is compatible with the Micra regs. I bought several of them a few years ago and replaced all the stock USD exhaust T's with them. Not a perfect solution but they do divert bubbles a bit more.

Thanks for that, any idea where I could get my hands on a couple?

I own 2 Micra ADJ seconds with the cousteau 1st stage, I noticed that Aqualung have discontinued this model, I am very fond of this set up but am concerend about the continued availability of overhaul kits. Can anyone shed any light on this? Is there anywhere I can buy some kits for the future or am I unduely concerned. Thanks.

Mine were purchased back in 1998 and have the small exhaust which does cause some bubble interference, I note on the later Micras they changed the exhaust to solve this problem, I assume the actual reg body is the same only the exhaust was swapped, does anyone know if I can buy the newer exhaust, I assume if I had the new version and broke one I could get a replacement? so that being said does anyone know for sure?
Aqualung is good about keeping parts around ,shoudnt be a problem.

I have just found out I can get the wider exhaust covers from NZ for approx $12 + $3 postage
what a bargain....and they are a straight swap over...nice one...

I am still waiting to hear about the kits...

The titan and cousteau are different first stages so I dont think the titan kit will be workable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom