Whiskey Wreck and Alabama Point Jetties Saturday 1-19-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmufieldhockey8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So mwhities and I are going to hit up the Whiskey Wreck and then the Alabama Point jetties this Saturday, Jan 19. We're not sure exactly when we'll be at the Whiskey but it'll be sometime after 1 pm (will depend on when we got off the boat in the morning.)

High tide is 7:53 pm so we'll be wanting to get in the water at the Alabama Point jetties around 7:30. Meet at that little parking lot by the Perdido Resort just west of the bridge around 7ish. Gary's got a nice sketch here of the area: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3321099-post12.html.
The parking lot I'm talking about is drawn in green in the top left corner of Gary's map.

Lemme know if interested in the Whiskey so we can coordinate a way of letting you know when we'll be there.

I'll bring as much hot chocolate as can fit in my little thermos- it's gonna be cold!

Come one; come all!

I WILL see you there. :)

:shakehead: I have to work nights this fri, sat, and sun :shakehead:

Attachments

• bridge1.jpg
    bridge1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 50
Hope the weather holds out.
We will be at the pass doing a rescue class Sat & Sun. I guess we don't need real good conditions for a rescue class.

Sounds like fun, but I gotta tie up some loose ends after the boat dives and get ready for some caving on Sunday! :D

Sounds like fun, but I gotta tie up some loose ends after the boat dives and get ready for some caving on Sunday! :D

Speaking of loose ends, I need to redo all of my bolt snaps with new cave line. I'll do that tonight after I clean my truck out.

BTW, cave diving sucks! (at least until I get trained for it.)

It's a personal private boat. not a company or charter such as yourself.

BTW, do you have anything gong on Saturday morning? There is a chance this boat dive might be called, I'm game for possibly going out somewhere. (That is if cmufieldhockey8 is.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom