End of the Omega 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaalblake

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the end of the Omega 2?
Twice now have been told be very expreienced divers that they are going to be discontinued by Oceanic and parts will be hard to come by.
Can't find anything official from Oceanic but that doesnt mean it is (or isnt true) :eyebrow:
Is this just a conspiracy theory?
These are VERY popular regs in OZ especially for twins where if you want to have non-handed (ie no wrong way up) regs your choices are Oceanic or Poseidon.
Anyone heard anything or is this just an ugly rumour (I hope so).

Al

It is discontinued, but I was told by an Oceanic rep that parts shouldn't be an issue, since they make everything in house, other than the chrome plating. Now if you are interested in some, I have 4 Omega 2 second stages, 2 which are more or less brand new been in Fresh water maybe 25 times, and never salt. I'm looking at swapping out those second stages because I like the GT3's performance better.

Jim

Good news about the parts Jimmer. The Zeta second stage, also discontinued, uses the same servo valve mechanism as the Omega. I too use an Omega on one set of doubles regs. I have been looking to switch over to ScubaPro or Apeks due to what could be a parts issue going forward.

Well thanks for the confirmation although its bad news :(
They seem to sell well so I don't quite understand Oceanics logic here - why stop producing a product that customers buy and where the only competition for non-upside down regs is Poseidon\? I see Omega 2's everywhere - especially at tech sites like cave diving where people are using doubles.
Ah well I'll never understand marketing.
Good news about the parts though.

They are developing an "Omega III" although I do agree I'm not sure why they canned the Omega II before the III was ready.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom