DIN adaptor for conshelf SEA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaalblake

Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 conshelf SEA regs that I love but I need to convert them from Yoke to DIN. I know the regs arent made any more but I think the DIN kit for the Legend (and probably other conshelfs since they're all pretty much the same) should fit. Problem is no-one seems to sell them and I havent seen them on ebay for months :(
Anyone know of a source of DIN conversion kits for conshelf?

Al.

Sure this will work on the older Conshelf 14? I actually used "ask the pro" sometime ago and they said it was not available which I took to mean it was different.

The Titan DIN adapter will not fit the Conshelf 14, I had a shop try and it does not work. The Conshelf 14 DIN is a dedicated item and hard to find. As for the DIN fitting for the SEA regulator that is a common item that any Aqualung dealer should have. Cost is around $50.00 - $60.00.

The Titan DIN adapter will not fit the Conshelf 14, I had a shop try and it does not work. The Conshelf 14 DIN is a dedicated item and hard to find. As for the DIN fitting for the SEA regulator that is a common item that any Aqualung dealer should have. Cost is around $50.00 - $60.00.

You are correct. I either got bad information from an LDS or I misinterpret it. If I recall correctly, I was told that the Titan adapter can be used and was replacing the Conshelf adapter.

The diagrams do show different part numbers, but I have seen items renumbered thought the years for minor modifications or some times no apparent modification.

The Titan adapter does thread easily on the Conshelf XIV and it seams to work, but the Conshelf lacks a groove a the base of the threads for the sealing O-ring.

I can see a couple of ways that it could be made to work, but I would not recommend someone else to try it. Maybe the LDS did have an approved trick to adapt it, but I don’t know.

Hmm,
Just checked the exploded parts diagram for both regs and it seems that the SEA DIN is quite different to the Titan - so I dont think it will fit. The Titan screws onto a thread on the OUTSIDE of the body - the SEA screws into a thread INSIDE the body :(
- if they are so easy to find, how come I cant find anyone selling them....does anyone have a part number for the Aqualung SEA DIN adaptor kit.....bizzarely the official Aqualung service manual that I have for that reg does not have a PN for that part!
Thanks Al

Ok,
Found some more info. A 2001 Aqualung parts manual here: http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/aqualung/Spare%20Parts%20Catalog%202001.pdf
Really great. Has a page that specifically identifies the DIN adaptor kits (page 16). There are 4 kits listed:

107455 SE
106345 SEA
103172 Titan
105172 Calypso

So now I know what I am looking for....just need to find one. Hope this helps someone else :)
BTW SEA and Calypso look similar...but nothing like the Titan.
Al.

If anyone is still watching this thread, I want to convert a Conshelf XII to DIN. Any idea if the parts listed in this thread will work for a XII ??

A year or three ago I posted some pics on a forum & had an entertaining discourse regarding the Conshelf XIV & DIN adapter kits; the XIV is still on the USN's ANU list so that makes some [or many] of the parts (like the DIN kit) cost about twice as much.:11:
CLICK!
and later on,: CLICK!
If anybody just HAS to have some, I may be able to make some swaps with the Smithsonian again.:eyebrow:
drop me an email at: admin AT comdive DOT com
Specify part numbers, it's the best way to assure the proper item/s magically appear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom