Inaccurate psi readings from Wisdom I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rpmc

Registered
Reaction score
I own a Wisdom I (serial 3443) that is set up with the Wisdom quick disconnect. This computer has always read lower pressure than actual tank pressure. For example, if actual tank pressure is 195 bars, my Wisdom displays 170, about a 13% difference. When my Wisdom displays 50 bar, actual tank pressure is about 57 bar. This is inconvenient and very frustrating when I dive with a group and we all surface when the first person reaches 50 bar – in fact, I have more air than that and the group or buddy feels a little cheated for surfacing early. These pressure differences are constant, and have been verified many times with gauge vs my Wisdom DC comparison.

Any way to adjust my Wisdom?

Unfortunately, there is no way to adjust the pressure transducer in your computer. If you think there is a problem with the computer I would reccomend that you take the computer back to your Authorized Retailer.

Sherwood Scuba

I own a Wisdom I (serial 3443) that is set up with the Wisdom quick disconnect. This computer has always read lower pressure than actual tank pressure. For example, if actual tank pressure is 195 bars, my Wisdom displays 170, about a 13% difference. When my Wisdom displays 50 bar, actual tank pressure is about 57 bar. This is inconvenient and very frustrating when I dive with a group and we all surface when the first person reaches 50 bar – in fact, I have more air than that and the group or buddy feels a little cheated for surfacing early. These pressure differences are constant, and have been verified many times with gauge vs my Wisdom DC comparison.

Any way to adjust my Wisdom?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom