Don't faint...I went diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I can't believe how long it's been since I've been in the water so when this weekend's forecast looked good I decided that no matter how sick I still was with this stupid head cold thingy, I was at least going to attempt it. I do not recommend this :no but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! :eyebrow:

We hit one of our favourite sites and headed a different direction than usual for dive one; dive two we wandered around the usual area...actually, I didn't get very far because there was so much happening! The sea was lovely, but the viz was so-so and there was a ton of large particulate in the water. Strange to see such big chunks - we're used to the smaller stuff but some of these were larger than some of the nudibranchs we found!

Here's a few fun shots from today - all Canon 20D, Canon 60mm macro, sometimes Woody, Subal housing/port, Inon 220s+240 strobes

Flounder guy - I saw him flolloping around as I was trying to convince my ears they really did want to do this. Unfortunately, I still couldn't quite get to the bottom!
flounderguy1.jpg

Margined coralfish
bkdcrlfish1.jpg

Blenny with tufty bits
tuftyhead.jpg

Flabellina exoptata - there were zillions of these guys in all sizes today.
flabexp.jpg

I'll try to get some more done soon :) In the meantime, enjoy...

Good on you girl!!!!! Well done!

I tried on my wetsuit yesterday to make sure it still fit! :D

March.....the Similans.....next U/W photoshoot appointment! (it's bloody cold here just now, and I don't have a drysuit...)

That's a pretty nudi too.......

I can't wait! :D

oooohhh love the nudi shot!!!!!!

Awesome shots, Alcina! It has been quite some time, I miss your shots. They have always managed put a smile on my face. Good to see you, back in action! Keep them coming plz......:D

Ed.

......the nude is a "keeper", that's American for one of your best, exceptional shots.

Dave

BTW, the blennie is pretty remarkable also.

Glad to see you haven't lost your touch ...... great nudi !!!!

Thanks, All, for the kind words on getting back in the water. It sure felt good!

Looks like the nudi is the "one" from yesterday :wink:

Here's a couple of mating Glossodoris atromarginata - you can just barely see them connected and it was the only frame before they moved apart.
makebabygloss1.jpg

A triplefin just because he was there:
triplefin1.jpg

You can never see these crabs out of their coral homes...until they're empty :)
glowcrab.jpg

I'm off to do some more dives if my ears let me...have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom