Dynamo Hammerhead regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cinta diving

Reaction score
Hello group

this is my first posting and I'm hoping you can help. in 07 I bought the above, after hearing so much about it, how great it is, how everyone wants one, it's the industrys best new reg to the market, bla bla bla, - did I get sucked in, I dunno really, as I did enjoy using it, it's a solid breather - if you know what I mean.

Anyway, the problem I have, is that an o-ring in the first stage has gone (I'm assuming it's the o-ring as air is seriously coming out of it, where the swivel is). This happened on my 13 dive - an omen maybe. But I certainly didn't expect anything to go after only 13 dives. I'm currently working in Asia and although Dynamo offer free servicing and repair which is great, they are in the US and I feel that sending it back there really isn't practical. I have asked for a list of servicing stores outside the US and closer to where I am. However, I've found it difficult to get someone to even look at it, reluctant is word.

So has anyone else had this problem so early in their useage, is it a design fault, is it easy to fix, can it be treated like another (similar design) reg? I'm at a lose end and quite frustrated, as I've not been able to use the reg since October and as I'm working in the industry, it's a tool of my trade (obviously).

Can anyone help, offer advice, point me in the right direction?

Thanking you in advance

Where in asia are you? We can probably fix it here in Japan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom