Underwater Journal Issue 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walt Stearns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well folks, sorry to be a little late on the release, but I am pleased to announce issue 6 of the Underwater Journal is now for download! Get it now and explore:

- Kona’s incredible night scene
- Oceana takes on Global Warming; learn and get on board
- A superior view of Lake Superior wrecks
- Round up of rebreather systems you won’t believe
- More, more and more!

Hey Walt...

got the email this morning that it was out.

I like that you include things that divers like that you won't find in the other dive mags. Like the review of the new lens that Tokina has.

also, as always, great photos.

Thanks Mike! Glad to hear you enjoy our publication. It’s easy to follow what everyone else covers. Finding your own path is a bit more difficult, but the process in doing it is part of the fun.

I really like the way you have your magazine formatted. It makes it very easy to read, without scrolling through the individual pages.

I think I learned more about rebreathers from this one than I ever wanted to know! :) It's actually very cool, even for somebody who isn't going that route, to see a whole variety of units compared. If I ever began thinking about a rebreather, I'd certainly have a better idea of the things to look at that are different between the units.

Walt, what is the wooden brown structure floating seen on page 53 of your current issue?

Yes! Enquiring minds want to know! :confused:

I too stared at that page for quite a few seconds, looking for a caption or footnote or something.

Thanks.

The photo caption is on page 44.

"The Bermuda’s rectangular shaped hull and broad, box-like stern, gives
the impression of a “barge” rather than a “schooner.”
Only the bow (pictured on the opening page) gives any sense that it was a
true sailing ship."

The photo caption is on page 44.

"The Bermuda’s rectangular shaped hull and broad, box-like stern, gives
the impression of a “barge” rather than a “schooner.”
Only the bow (pictured on the opening page) gives any sense that it was a
true sailing ship."

I don't think we are talking about the same thing...

I'm talking about this.....

Looks more like part of a church of a covered bridge than it does a 'schooner'.

or maybe part of the set from the movie 'Waterworld'.

floating_wooden_rectangular_thing.jpg

Sorry, missed putting a caption on that one.

That is an old former ore dock next Marquette Harbor. When it was in operation, ships would take on their cargo of raw ore from the facility into their holds.

Ok... so those things on the sides most likely lowered down as "chutes" so the ore could dump in the hold and there was most likely an overhead conveyor system feeding the loader......

Back
Top Bottom