Sea&Sea Motor Marine II-EX with YS-50TTL Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Faris427

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is: Sea&Sea Motor Marine II-EX with YS-50TTL Strobe, 3T Macro Lens, 16MM wide angle lens, user manual, external view finder,caddy on strobe arm to accept 2 lenses, and diffuser for strobe....all this in a pelican case.

is all that gear a good starting kit for a new diver to get quality 'worth keeping' photos???

The price would be $170.

Is it too old school?? Do people out there still use film??

Thanks,
Jeremy

I used the MMII ex for years, and got some great shots with it. It is a quality set up, and the price is good for what you are getting.

I went digital because too many times I shot my film on a trip, and realized after I got home and had it developed that something was set wrong. I went for digital because of the instant feed back.

If you are okay with film then it is a good deal for the kit.

I'd agree with the above answer. I used one for some time and got good results.

BUT, factor in $2-300 in film and processing for a trip if you do a lot of photos and not seeing the results until you're back. I had some bad surprises and some good...

Also its hard to even find places to process film or slides now.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom