Ikelite gets my vote!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had a leak in my Ikelite E-330 housing back in August. The design of the housing helped keep the half inch of saltwater away from the camera and lens. The camera and lens are both alive and well today. After the flood, I had taken the housing (without camera) into a spring for a leak check to see what was leaking. The housing filled with water (with the electronics for TTL inside). I finally got the chance to send the housing in for repair on 1/7. They received it on 1/9 and it was back in my hands by 1/18, wow! what a quick turn around. They checked the electronics (no corrosion), changed out the port locks, replaced the super eye viewfinder (it had moisture from the leak), repaired the control knob where the leak occurred, and did a pressure test. They even replaced the lid hooks on the case back (they were beginning to rust). All this at NO CHARGE!!!!!!!

I now believe in the Ike service claims - I have seen them at work. It's a great product with a great company behind it.

Great feedback on them SeaYoda, thanks for posting.

Love to hear stories of companies taking care of their customers like that!

This is good to hear. I just bought an Ikelite housing for my Canon 40D and two DS125 strobes.

I had a very very small leak start to form. One of the push button controls cracked an oring. It would let one drop into the housing per push.

Ike was able to turn the housing in one week with a total rebuild.
Very well designed products backed by very good service.
Who can ask for more?

Back
Top Bottom