I shall join the DD group, because I am a dork

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Opossum

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Yes, I am afraid I'm a big dork. I am called it all the time by my wife and friends, so I believe that makes it official. The fact that I still own and occasionally wear my broken glasses (they sit tilted on my face), even if just for a laugh, makes me a big dork.

This I do not mind. I'm a dork and I'm proud of it!

I will be getting my certification by this summer (postponed by a car accident since last summer). I am all well and I hope to join a dive group (once I get my certification) with some of you who may be locals to me!

I think I'm a dork diver because when I go to my local shop to dive in the pool, I'm like a 10 year old on a sugar high. I can swim around that small pool for hours and not get bored. Kind of like a fish in an aquarium...but a bit different...I don't get fed. :( :D

:dork2:
Cheers!
-Mark

The fact that I still own and occasionally wear my broken glasses (they sit tilted on my face), even if just for a laugh, makes me a big dork.
Sounds like you're right up the Dork Diver alley with that one. :biggrin:
I think I'm a dork diver because when I go to my local shop to dive in the pool, I'm like a 10 year old on a sugar high. I can swim around that small pool for hours and not get bored. Kind of like a fish in an aquarium...but a bit different...I don't get fed. :( :D
Hey, guys! Look! It's another one of us! :rofl3:

I will be getting my certification by this summer (postponed by a car accident since last summer). I am all well and I hope to join a dive group (once I get my certification) with some of you who may be locals to me!
Well, if you end up being the type of diver who loves diving anywhere you can get the tank underwater, there's a good chance I'll be over that direction for some diving this year. I've been going primarily the opposite way on I-10 from Baton Rouge, but Mammoth Lake is opening March 1st, and that alone should give me reason to make some trips westward. :D

Well, if you end up being the type of diver who loves diving anywhere you can get the tank underwater, there's a good chance I'll be over that direction for some diving this year. I've been going primarily the opposite way on I-10 from Baton Rouge, but Mammoth Lake is opening March 1st, and that alone should give me reason to make some trips westward. :D

I think I will be that kind of diver. I am definitely open to the thought of going on some local dives. My LDS plans plenty of trips to the Gulf and also to Lake288 and other surrounding areas (mainly 288). So I do plan on dragging my wife to Lake288 a few times. Since we are not certified divers (YET), we cannot go on a nice certified dive when we head to Cozumel in 3 months.

We are heading out on Carnival...going to Progresso and Cozumel. They have a beginner scuba excursion out there...even though we know what we are doing. I honestly feel that she will love scuba diving once she finds out how real and amazing everything is at 20-30ft down. So far her only experience is a few snorkeling trips and pool diving at the LDS. She cannot freedive like I can, she can only go down 5-10 ft while I can hit 50-60ft. I think she will love it and if all goes well, she will really catch the bug. :D

Well, Opossom, I have the honor of being the second to welcome you. They haven't seen me around these parts much of late, but I am the queen of the dorks.

We all have a lot of fun with Dork Diving. And secretly (deep down- shush- don't let anyone know), we are all cool. Super cool. Like Joe Cool, even.

Okay. I can't fake it. We're all dorks. :wink: :truckergirl: :dork2:

Hey TG Where have you been? We've missed you around here!

Update: My wife dropped out of the scuba certification class. She said she didn't like being that far down. She was doing really well too! Apparently she said she wouldn't want to dive below 10ft, so she decided to just stick with snorkeling for now. Oh well, I am still finishing mine up. I will have my certification done on March 1st and 2nd. :D

I told her that she started me on this habit (she signed us up for classes), and I'm going to keep doing it even though she doesn't want to anymore. Hopefully when she sees how much I enjoy it, maybe she will want to finish up her training and get her c-card. I can only hope!

I do believe, 'ole bean, that I am in fact cut out to be a Dork Diver. I'm yet to be certified, but you have no idea how aqua-dorky I already am. I mean, is it really that bad to wear your wetsuit around the house, maybe even school, I am no kidding guilty of both(they got a kick out of it at school). I look forward to being part of the great Dork Diver's brotherhood or whatever it may be.

Live, Laugh, Love and DIVE
T. Brett aka Aquaman13

I guess it is time I came out of the closet.

Hi everyone, my name is Stephen and I am a Dork Diver.

I think I realized what I was when my life's desire became to play a game of Yacht Sea Dice. I am not sure if I should curse Clay Jar or thank him for the proposed tournament. Without him I never would have relized my dorkieness.

Many thanks Clay Jar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom