Dive Computer Recharger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UCFKnightDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
this is kind of to the rep who posts on here I was wondering if Oceanic/Aeris had ever thought about having the USB Download/Upload cable be able to recharge the battery on your dive computers sort of like an ipod recharges just a thought it would be cool to see this in some future models to eliminate or reduce the number of battery changes needed, because as I understand it the biggest case in dive computers flooding tends to be related to the changing of the batteries just a thought.

Maybe take a look at Citizen,they did something like that years ago.

this is kind of to the rep who posts on here I was wondering if Oceanic/Aeris had ever thought about having the USB Download/Upload cable be able to recharge the battery on your dive computers sort of like an ipod recharges just a thought it would be cool to see this in some future models to eliminate or reduce the number of battery changes needed, because as I understand it the biggest case in dive computers flooding tends to be related to the changing of the batteries just a thought.

You can't recharge a battery in a sealed case because the recharging process generates gas.

You could certainly make a dive computer where the battery was removable and rechargeable. Making it in the same physical format as a USB drive, and including the dive computer's memory would be pretty cool. You could pull it out of the dive computer, plug it in to a PC, and recharge and download at the same time.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom