A/Q Kronos vs SP MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My current regulator is a Scuba Pro MK25T/S600T and I do love it every bit.

I am in the market for a back up regulator. Chances are it gonna be another MK25/S600 (without the titanium this time around since it will only be a backup).

Since I am in the market. I am also looking at other alternatives. I have my eyes on the AquaLung Kronos (reason is the side exhaust).

In terms of breathing performance. According to what's on paper. MK25/S600 takes the crown. So for those of you that do have some "real world" experience on these two regulators.

How does Kronos stack up to MK25/S600?

The Kronos is okay I've gotten some good feedback, but it's basically a newer titan LX with a few bells and whistles. I feel the side exhaust is kind of useless, it just seems pointless to me, but it also seems to be the biggest selling point on the reg. The MK 25/S600 is a good choice as you know. I would consider looking at the Atomic line, regularly score as top breathers, even against the Scubapro's. All regs atomic makes breathe and work the same, the only difference is the materials used and the option of a 1st and 2nd stage swivel.

My current regulator is a Scuba Pro MK25T/S600T and I do love it every bit.

I am in the market for a back up regulator. Chances are it gonna be another MK25/S600 (without the titanium this time around since it will only be a backup).

Since I am in the market. I am also looking at other alternatives. I have my eyes on the AquaLung Kronos (reason is the side exhaust).

In terms of breathing performance. According to what's on paper. MK25/S600 takes the crown. So for those of you that do have some "real world" experience on these two regulators.

How does Kronos stack up to MK25/S600?
A better comparison would be the Aqualung Legend lx supreme.
But if your looking for a back up the aqualung titan would be a good one.
The kronos side exhaust does look appealing.

I have no opinion about the Aqualung Kronos, but if I were you, I would stick with the brand that I already have&(hopefully)like - Scubapro in your case (the service part should be easier when you have only one brand). But instead of a second MK25 I would go for a different technology (diaphragm instead of piston). This is a better backup in my opinion than two identical systems which in a given situation are exposed to the same failure.

My advice would be a MK17 or MK19 (if you want to have the same rotating head as on your MK25). For the second stage, if you want to keep it small, S555 (with no adjustments) seems a reliable backup. Or maybe the G250V (which is very nice, but a little bigger - maybe not a good idea for the backup, but then you can switch the S600 with the G250V and use the S600 as the backup).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom