Intova IC-600 Digital camera opinion, please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveTW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What's your opinion of the INTOVA IC-600 Underwater Waterproof Digital camera along with a strobe for a newbie?
1.New to scuba-7 dives
2.Will be diving mainly at the quarry (Dutch Springs)
3.Some dives off of the Jersey coast.
4. Some wreck diving after AOW cert.
5. Just looking for decent photos to show family & friends.

Thanks, Steve :us:

It's not a very popular camera and I can't think of anyone here who is using one off the top of my head.

IMHO you'd be much better off to head for one of the suggested models as not only are they good, but there is outstanding support for them, too.

That was my first underwater camera. It took "okay" pictures but wasn't suited for my waters. I think you'll be more happy with either the Olympus or the Canon. For the price you get with the INTOVA IC-600, you could get a good one for that price. :D

my first u/w camera was a pixtreme PX01... the granddaddy of the intova...

it was a 3MP CMOS Piece-of-dudu that took "pretty ok" pictures... BUT the response was slow so it was lucky if i actually got my subject in the shot

BUT i heard the new ones are sooooo much better... and the pixtreme is rugged... back then i never heard of o-ring grease nor cared too much for maintenance beyond wiping it dry (never even put it in fresh water after a dive)

it lasted me a good year before i sold it off and bought my wife a canon powershot (the pix was our 1st digital camera too)

IMHO it's a great way to get into u/w photography... then you can upgrade as your skills upgrade... sure as hell beats throwing $25,000 at something you're not good at yet right?

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom