I'm back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

happybuddha

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi All,

During the late spring and summer of '06 I lost from 370lbs to 315lbs (actually got to 304 but that was due to some bad seafood) and was posting on SB Fitness Challenge. I was able to throw away my BP meds and I felt great; at the time I was living in China and didn't have much of a social life, so it was easy to go home after work, eat right and walk in the evenings. In September of '06 I was promoted and moved back to Hong Kong where I lived years ago and where I have quite a few friends.

Suddenly I had more social life than I had time for (which means there is always someone wanting to meet for a beverage after work) and lots of opportunities to eat Western foods. The result was that my weight slowly creeped back up...and then when I was home in Alabama for Christmas I didn't hold back on the eating anything and everything (BBQ, biscuits, Krispy Kreme...). It didn't help that my wife, who was making her first trip to the US (she's a Filipina and not very big), really likes biscuits and grits and we had biscuits, grits, bacon, yada yada yada often.

I returned to Hong Kong and the first two weeks I returned I felt really lethargic. Then a couple of weeks ago I started feeling like my blood pressure was up, but I didn't check it until this past Sunday...it was 160/106 and it scared me. Since then I've been eating right and doing a bit of exercising. Last Sunday my weight was 340lbs, when I weighed this morning it was 333lbs...I'm now fired up and ready to get serious again about a healthy life style.

Drew

whether you are up or down - welcome back Drew!!!!!!!!!

you are not the only one so i think we all need to start giving eachother kicks up the bum to get moving..... onwards and downwards right!!!!

Drew... It's great that you can feel the difference in your body... That is a major issue with most people... Welcome back...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom