Alabama Point Dive for Sunday 1-27-08 ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was kinda kicking around the idea of checking out the jetty at Alabama Point on sunday 1-27-08. The weather says the day is supposed to start off cloudy and then by mid day turn sunny with a high of 61*. High tide is at about 4:00 pm with not much of a shift. I was thinking of getting in the water between 12:00 and 1:00 pm, but I am flexable. I'm going to keep an eye out to see how things are looking. If the pass looks like its getting hit with alot of waves on Friday and Saturday there won't be much need to try as viz will be totally blown.

No problem, I would still like to get up with you sometime and check it out some more if you are interested.

Things looked good today on the Alabama point web cam Live view - AXIS 213 PTZ Network Camera I know that it is supposed to rain tommorow (saturday) and then be sunny again on Sunday. I will probably need to look at if things get nasty tommorow or not to see if it would be worth it.

lets just make it a go. How about a 1:00pm meet at the point? Does everyone know where the small parking lot is?

I will need to know if anyone is going for sure or not by at least say 10:00 pm tonight (1-26-08). That way I can make arraingments with my wife.

im in. ill see you there.....
Andreas

Andreas you know where the small parking lot is right? If not when you exit the main parking lot turn left and do down a little ways to the second marked street on your right. The road is called Gulf Rd or Dr (doesn't matter). Go down and you will see us by the condos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom