Sherwood Blizzard Breathing Effort Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
At Depth,warm or cold how does the breathing effort feel onthe blizzard?
is there much of a change when deep?
Do You notice any difference when diving cold water compared to warm?

I currently Dive A scuba pro MK11 which i may give to my wife,so i am looking at the blizard since i dive some in the mountain lakes.
I also dive Carib,Keys To.
If you dive sherwood blizzard or maximas please reply.

I've had mine for about two years now and don't notice any difference between 45 degree or 87 degree temp. or at depth. I also like the fact that it helps with "dry mouth".

Cheers,
Steve

I dive with a Sherwood Oasis which is essentially the same as the Blizzard.
I've had it down at 101' and haven't noticed any significant change in breathing effort.
I used a Maximas during my OW training and didn't like the adjustable feature but that is more a matter of personal preference.

Same answer, they work fine, warm or cold in recreational depths.

My wife and myself have the Blizzard as our primary single hose regulators.

Either one is highly regarded as a cold water regulator. The PSD dives around here are big on Blizzards. There is a study floating around that gives the Maximus a significant edge in the harshest of conditions.

Pete

Mine breaths fine at depth and in cold. I actually had a baseball size chunk of ice on my 1st stage two years ago and the dry bleed was still doing its job. Its a great regulator.

The Blizzard is a good middle of the road quality reg with an environmentally sealed first stage which will benefit you in cold water.
For deep diving there are better regs on the market, but for the average sport diver it is extremely acceptable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom