Identify Older G250 with metal barrel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfmatthews

Registered
Reaction score
I have searched the board and still have a question. (Sorry if I missed an earlier post that answers this.) How do I identify the older G250 with the metal barrel? When did Scubapro make the change to the plastic barrel?

DA are you out there?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice you all might have.

I believe the metal adjusting knob tends to go along with the metal barrel. But, due to repairs and upgrades, the only sure indication is a peek inside. All the predecessor metal 2nds have metal barrels if that is what is important.

The end of the metal air barrel is visible on the left side of the case under the adjustment knob.

The knob itself may be chromed (either knurled or splined) or plastic coated but the knob is smaller than the large plastic knob on the G250HP.

So, does that mean that the barrel from late model g250s can be replaced with the metal barrel from the g250v?

I just bought a new air barrel for a G250 from SP. The G250V air barrel has a different part number, but I have not checked to see if they are different parts or just renumbered. Not that it matters, SP will sort it out when the dealer orders it as long as they know what the part is going to go into.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom