Thoughts on Oceanic Delta 4 Yolk on HP 100 steel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Faris427

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for whether or not it is a bad idea or acceptable to put a oceanic delta 4 yoke type fdx10 reg on a hp steel 100 3442psi tank. Any advice is welcome!:confused:

So the title of the thread is suppose to be yoke not yolk, I know better :D

No problem whatsoever. The yolk assembly is rated to 3500 on the piece itself. Testing of this is done at pressures far exceeding that. I've been using delta 3's and older sherwood regs on HP steel tanks with no ill effects. That said unless you plan to do too much traveling to justify it why not convert the reg to DIN and remove the insert? The kit is aroung 59 bucks and can be changed in about 10 minutes. No DVT but that's an unnecessary item anyway to me. Changing it back if your going away is easy as well or just buy a DIN to yoke converter. I have a yoke set up for pool and rental tanks (ALPHA7 w dx4), my primary doubles and travel regs are cdx5's and are DIN. When going away and I know it will only be single tank diving I just convert one first stage back to yoke or take my adapter depending on the number of dives I'll be doing.

I was worried about it at first but after diving a yoke for over a year on a 3442 100 tank it is a non issue,still have the original o ring that came in the tank.I am diving it with a 3000 psi rated scubapro mk 5,the only issue I have had was a old pressure gauge hose blew from the increased pressure,it was way past due for replacement anyhow.

My wife and I dive Faber steel 100's with Delta 4's.

We do notice a slight hiss for a minute after connecting. It quickly goes away.

Back
Top Bottom