Plans for a couple Ontario Dives this summer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Stopped down at the LDS on Thursday and signed up for three different dives that they are planning for June, July and August.

June is Tobermory for two days
July is Alpena for two days
August is Kingston for three days

Can't wait to do some freshwater diving, now that my new drysuit is on the way!

Does this make me an 'associate member' of the Ontario group, as I live across the border?

Look forward to learning more about the diving in Kingston, as I have a feel for Tobermory (was there last year for a few days (but not diving) and know that whitefish sandwiches at the little place on the pier are some of the very best I've ever had!

I think anyone who appreciates the diving here can be considered an associate member of the OFWF. You're going to some great locations for wreck diving!

frankenmuth_tom once bubbled...

I have a feel for Tobermory (was there last year for a few days (but not diving)

Toby is the place !!! It is hard to believe going to Toby without diving ... For me now, Toby is associated with wrecks in coooooold water !

You'll enjoy it !

I wasn't really BACK into diving just then. I had made a couple dives on St. Croix early that year after a refresher, but hadn't made the decision to start buying the gear yet. We did spend the morning down near the pier, and I watched several dive boats head out into the fog with several people huddled on deck, looking cold and miserable. I have to assume they looked colder and more miserable when they came back in. It was early June, and the water was kind of ICY.

Now I've made the decision to go and dow the same thing, about two years later, as I want to experience the world class wreck diving that is available in Tobo...

frankenmuth_tom once bubbled...

Now I've made the decision to go and dow the same thing, about two years later, as I want to experience the world class wreck diving that is available in Tobo...

Your coming all that way and not going to do any wrecks in the Brockville - St. Lawrence region? Tis a shame since we tend to have some pretty darn good wrecks here also.

:confused:

taz22 once bubbled...

Your coming all that way and not going to do any wrecks in the Brockville - St. Lawrence region? Tis a shame since we tend to have some pretty darn good wrecks here also.

:confused:

he did say he was coming to Kingston in August -- close enough?

Let's recall that Ontario doesn't have a corner on the wreck market... I can drive to Alpena or the Mackinac Straits in less than 3 hours, and dive wrecks at either of them too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom