Feeding a grouper........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A pic I took several years ago, our son feeding one of his 'pets' off
Scan_4_edited-1.jpg
Roatan.........

I've never seen a grouper that small be that friendly... That's very cool!
I remember swimming about a foot away for about 5 minutes with a Gag about the same size as the one in the picture, but he would never let me get any closer. And if I moved my hands he would move away!

The photo is covering most of the last line of text... except Roatan, the location.

I've seen and video taped groupers of all sizes following us down the reef like pet dogs in Roatan, Guanaja, Cozumel and many other dive resort areas.

You better hope the resorts protect their dive sites.

Chad

The photo is covering most of the last line of text... except Roatan, the location.

I've seen and video taped groupers of all sizes following us down the reef like pet dogs in Roatan, Guanaja, Cozumel and many other dive resort areas.

Chad

That was truely one of his pets........He lived on Roatan where he instructed & DM'ed for 3.5 years and the last 1.5 years worked @ AKR in the photoshop where all(most) of his diving was done with them.....Forget exactly where it is(close to Bear's Den I believe) but it took him a long time, working with him almost daily, getting him that 'friendly'.........I also have some shots of him & another 'pet'(green eel) @ Half Moon Bay Wall(the original bouy), this one about took his left index finger off one day thinking it was a piece of fish, lol.......kids will be kids.....

Chad[/QUOT

Like these 3 from LC??(click link)......They can sometimes be a pest.....

GEAUXtiger/UW PS Pics - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Enjoyed the pic, I'll have to try baiting that way sometime up here where we spear! I really enjoy my visits to the Carib Islands...I was only at Roatan once, I need to get back down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom