Diving north west fla friday feb 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinginn

Contributor
Reaction score
I am checking to see if anyone will be diving friday,I will be down that way and am bringing my scuba gear,I am thinking of hitting vortex and maybe morrisons if I can get in and dive. will be in that area about 1 in the afternoon or so. Ready to blow some bubbles,it has been too long.

:( I'm a Mon-Friday worker, by the offchance I'm working in that area(looking like closer to Montegomery though), I'd be a go.

Im going to be working in bainbridge ga for the next few months and am going to try to get some dives in down there,would love to see cypress sometime.I wont have computer access but i will pm you my cell number,if your are heading down that way give me a buzz,I probably will pack my camping gear too. water temps are about 45 degrees now in north ga,not happening in a wetsuit again.68 degrees in the spring sounds great,Im up for some ocean diving too,not sure what St. andrews is like this time of year,always go there during the summer.

Cypress is an easy dive, but it'd have to be a weekend thing for me to be involved. Its easy enough to get out there by canoe, which can be had at Vortex for $10 every two hours if old prices stand(6 hours is enough for two dives and travel time).

Cypress is also extremely reliable and likely one of the most picturesque divesites you'll ever see.

You may also want to try Jackson Blue, They have just passed it so anyone can dive there. The cost is $25.00 that you will have to pay to the Sheriff Dept. Then they will make a photo copy of your drivers license and certification card. You are almost done at this point, then you have to sign a release form and a log sheet and get the key to the gate. If you are not at least cavern certified DO NOT enter the cavern. They watch and will take you away with shinny new braclets. I dove it on monday and the cavern is big enough to drive a bus in to it. Very beautiful!!!

IMO, its not worth the hassle to dive the OW portion of JB considering the price and hoops that need be jumped through. Its totally worth it if you have overhead training, but the basin is shallow and devoid of any particularly interesting features. The rest of the pond can be alot of fun for OW divers as its very natural looking, just the headspring at JB, for OW divers, simply doesn't have alot going for it.

Thanks for the update otherwise VortexBlue, I knew they were going to start allowing OW divers, but hadn't realized it had already been put into play.

Well I made it down to vortex springs got two dives in for about a hour of bottom time,made buddies with a eel at the entrance of the cavern,he met me there both times checking me out,I think someone has been feeding him cheese whiz or something.Every time I go into a cavern I get more hooked on it,I see cavern traing and cave intro in my near future and lots of expensive gear purchases,anyone want to buy some boats or motorcycles?:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom