Scuba Diving Magazine Redesign and "Page-Flipper"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick.Lucey

Series Host
Reaction score
# of dives
Scuba Diving Magazine is pleased to announce a major redesign with its March 2008 issue. New look, same great magazine. We're still the magazine divers trust, only now we're bigger, bolder and even better than before.

Click on the image below to launch our totally cool interactive page-flipper, where you can take a virtual tour of the March issue and its amazing new look:

Also, to get an idea of our new, larger trim size, check out this illustration:

size_comparison.jpg

We hope you like our new look and larger size!

Nick

Got that email today - that was pretty cool.
looking forward to getting the new issue

Dangit, these oversized magazines slide off the back of my toilet. How in bloody heck am I supposed to read NOW?!

Boo!!!!!:mooner:

I guess I'll have to start a second stack for future issues since they will not align properly with all the old ones I'm saving. I'm curious as to why the change in format... have you decided to use bigger print for us old timers?

I like the move to a larger format. I would also like a more comprehensive review of US dive locations. It seems that if it is not some exotic far-away place, it generates little interest.

uh oh... my BF is gonna make me toss my old issues since now they won't stack so neatly...

magazines of a different size are a pain to stack. One more reason not to renew (the other being they just repeat themselves all the time anyway.)

magazines of a different size are a pain to stack. One more reason not to renew (the other being they just repeat themselves all the time anyway.)

You've got to be kidding me (on both counts). Your dive gear doesn't all stack perfectly in a neat pile, does it? Are all the books on your bookshelf the same size?

Nick, it is a legitimate concern when a magazine changes its format... although a fairly minor one. Magazines may be stored in stacks, or in periodical files and a change in format can mean having to alter either of those. I'll just have to have two different stacks, one for pre-2008 and one from 2008 on. I had to do the same with California Diving News and other mags when they changed formats.

I do hope the World's Best issue this year adds coverage of some of the areas I intend to dive... South America and Africa. It can hardly be called a World's Best issue if it neglects much of the southern hemisphere. It is one of the few complaints I have with the magazine. Fortunately boards like this help give us the information straight from those who live in these areas or have been there to dive.

I don't mind the ads... I keep my subscription in part because of them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom