Pics From Key Largo Dive (Jan 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwest30

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Spotted Scorpion Fish-
639956.jpg

Green Moray-

639955.jpg

Spotted Eagle Ray-

639952.jpg

Made a last minute dive trip to the Keys, thought I'd share a few pics. I learned one lesson this dive trip. If only one Dive Boat is going out and the rest have decided to cancel their trips for that day. It's best to go with the majority and stay in! Winds had the seas with swells between 6 - 8 ft. Made it through, it just wasn't a pleasant experience.

6-8 ft. seas seem quite reasonable to get a great picture like the eel and the ray. Nice stuff.

Thanks Larry, however, those photos were made after the seas had calmed down! LOL!
Actually this dive trip was a good reality check for me. Had an opportunity to go diving on a momments notice, made all my plans, scheduled all my dives, etc.. was to fly in on Sun, dive Mon, Tues, Wed have a couple days to relax and return on Sat. In and out, easy.

NOT!! Destination flight delayed due to frozen water lines (Current temp at Orig departure time was -17) had to switch planes, and departed 4 1/2 hours later. Monday all dives cancelled due to wind, Tues all dives cancelled except for one boat that went out. I chose to go on it, bad idea. Anyway, for the rest of the week the weather was beautiful and I was able to get all the diving in I wanted. I considered myself lucky, I guess one should always have a back up plan when going on a weather dependant vacation.

John

6-8 ft. seas seem quite reasonable to get a great picture like the eel and the ray. Nice stuff.

Great pix!!!!

Nice pics, especially like the Spotted Eagle Ray!

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom