Two Spots Open On Isla Mia Jul25-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gulfdiver

Reaction score
There are two spots open on a bare bones charter to the Bahamas out of Ft Pierce. email me at gulfdiver@scubadiving.com if you are interested and I'll send you the contact info on the lady who's putting it together.

$575, food included. Divers help pump air, cook, clean up, whatever. Like going out on a friends boat vs. being pampered on the Nekton Pilot. But great diving with only 12 divers on board. Skipper has done the Bahamas for years.

My buddy and I are signed up and have not vested interest in the dive op.

Hey gulfdiver,

I'm an organizer of trips on the Isla Mia too! My website tells all about our trips (ref my previous post). We'll be heading out with Doug & Terry next week for a 6-day trip. When you go, ask them about Jeff's trip and about my shark attack.

Doug and Terry are great and we would never consider diving the Bahamas with anyone but them.

-Jeff

My buddy's been out with them many times. I'm the rookie this trip. His stories and pictures are great.

Will ask about Jeff's shark attack. How many teeth did you extract from your wetsuit/T-Shirt?

It was my thigh! Doug took me to Grand Cay to get stitched up. It wasn't serious though...I was diving the next day with my leg all bandaged up. It was quite an experience though!

Have fun on your trip. We've been running our trip since 1992.

-Jeff

You cannot bring a bang stick to the Bahamas, so if you have one do not pack it. They are not allowed aboard the Isla Mia either. The captain strickly adheres to Bahamian laws.

-Jeff

I was wondering if this Isla Mia is the same boat that spent several years diving Belize and then moved to Roatan. The Captain was Jon Tromm. I just caught this now old message from gulfdiver. I had many good dives on this boat over the years and would be pleased to find that he has moved to the Bahamas.

Thanks, The Professor

No, it is owned and skippered by Doug Mitchell.

He bought the boat with a different name but kept getting stopped by the Coast Guard. Turns out the old name appears on their drug boat list a lot, so he was getting stopped a lot.

So there may have been another Isla Mia out there early on.

Are Doug and Terry still doing the trips? Have led and been on many with Them but not in the last 5 years or so. Do you know Skip Bowen? How do I contact Doug / Terry if they're still the Captain/mate of the Isla Mia. This boat used to depart Stuart. Same boat?

Remsett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom