Lumix TZ3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachaun

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience with the Panasonic Lumix TZ3 and the DMW-MCTZ3 case underwater. How does it fair??

Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience with the Panasonic Lumix TZ3 and the DMW-MCTZ3 case underwater. How does it fair??

i find it perfect for a point and shoot

Copy_of_P1000258_copy.jpg

Nice shot Lyndon.

I've just bought a Lumix TZ5 and will be buying the DMW-MCTZ5 housing for it as soon as I find one in stock in the US - worst case I'll have to order from some Japanese stores in eBay but those come out to almost $300 unfortunately. I plan to use it for underwater photos when I go on scuba diving trips but especially for freediving videos during this summer in Turkey.

Anyways I am sure the housing will cast a shadow with the flash with macro shots at the 28mm wide setting but I'm wondering at what distance does the TZ3 (or TZ5 if anyone has one) cast a shadow on the left side with the built in flash? I know for example for reference that the Fuji F100fd (also has a 28mm lens and similar size housing) with it's housing needs about 30cm's to expose correctly.

If anyone has info I'd sure appreciate it. I guess the only way to get good macro shots with external lighting without a shadow would be to buy an Inon D2000 strobe kit however that is not an option for this summer so I would love some info on how good the TZ3/TZ5 fares for macro work with the built in flash?

Cheers,

Nice shot Lyndon.

I've just bought a Lumix TZ5 and will be buying the DMW-MCTZ5 housing for it as soon as I find one in stock in the US - worst case I'll have to order from some Japanese stores in eBay but those come out to almost $300 unfortunately. I plan to use it for underwater photos when I go on scuba diving trips but especially for freediving videos during this summer in Turkey.

Anyways I am sure the housing will cast a shadow with the flash with macro shots at the 28mm wide setting but I'm wondering at what distance does the TZ3 (or TZ5 if anyone has one) cast a shadow on the left side with the built in flash? I know for example for reference that the Fuji F100fd (also has a 28mm lens and similar size housing) with it's housing needs about 30cm's to expose correctly.

If anyone has info I'd sure appreciate it. I guess the only way to get good macro shots with external lighting without a shadow would be to buy an Inon D2000 strobe kit however that is not an option for this summer so I would love some info on how good the TZ3/TZ5 fares for macro work with the built in flash?

Cheers,

congratulation on your new camera. im sure yours is a lot better than mine and no worries on macro shots you can go as near as 1.5 inch without casting a shadow on the subject

i find it perfect for a point and shoot

Hi Lyndon,

Your photo looks amazing, if I can get photos half that good I will be happy. I am new to underwater photography and to start am looking at buying an underwater casing for my existing Lumix TZ-3, however I was wondering whether there were any limitation or if you have had any issues with either the camera or casing while underwater?

Thanks,

Anthony

I've got one and am loving it as a first underwater camera. It takes nice shots and allows you to manipulate light settings and other factors to be creative. My issue is that I would like an external lighting source. I'm not sure where I can find the right type for me as a new photographer and for the camera.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom