Dreams of purple fins and an orange snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bellaleo

Registered
Reaction score
i live in a small town called friuthurst in north
# of dives
0 - 24
i have dreams of me in a purple wetsuit with matching fins, a orange snorkle and, lime green tanks one with and mount and dive skin the other with a abulsout sucba sikn happy kicking away watching the pretty fishys.

i think im gonna be a DORK:dork2:

i have dreams of me in a purple wetsuit with matching fins, a orange snorkle and, lime green tanks one with and mount and dive skin the other with a abulsout sucba sikn happy kicking away watching the pretty fishys.

i think im gonna be a DORK:dork2:

Welcome to the dork side! And in that colorful gear, I'm sure the pretty fishes would be watching you too!

Aqualung are coming out with colorful fins soon. :D :dork2:

me and my borrowed pink snorkle LOL

Attachments

• scuba 1.jpg
    scuba 1.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 102
  • scuba43.jpg
    scuba43.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 136
me and my borrowed pink snorkle LOL
Hey! That's the concrete platform right by the metal stairs at Vortex! That's right where I played solitaire the last time I hit the springs. :D I used the metal "handhold" behind you (i.e. toward the wooden double-stairs) to clip off my stage bottle while I was playing. (I dove two AL80s that dive, but I had to call the dive after only three hours and a minute of shallow bottom time.)

Actually, I might be heading back there this weekend. My most adept buddy has finally turned to the Dry Side. In fact, she just called me to verify what backplate and wing she's ordering to go with it, and the drysuit is supposed to arrive *tomorrow*! Woo-hoo!

You can be a Dork Diver without a drysuit, of course, but if you're going to also be a Hazelnut, having a drysuit certainly makes things more comfortable. (It's still optional, of course, but it seems to be contagious.)

Hey! That's the concrete platform right by the metal stairs at Vortex! That's right where I played solitaire the last time I hit the springs. :D I used the metal "handhold" behind you (i.e. toward the wooden double-stairs) to clip off my stage bottle while I was playing. (I dove two AL80s that dive, but I had to call the dive after only three hours and a minute of shallow bottom time.)

Actually, I might be heading back there this weekend. My most adept buddy has finally turned to the Dry Side. In fact, she just called me to verify what backplate and wing she's ordering to go with it, and the drysuit is supposed to arrive *tomorrow*! Woo-hoo!

You can be a Dork Diver without a drysuit, of course, but if you're going to also be a Hazelnut, having a drysuit certainly makes things more comfortable. (It's still optional, of course, but it seems to be contagious.)

Clay, her pix show short sleeves and no gloves. You're talking dry suits. Are you sure its the same place? And if it is, either shes damn tough or you're....well....... not :D

Clay, her pix show short sleeves and no gloves. You're talking dry suits. Are you sure its the same place? And if it is, either shes damn tough or you're....well....... not :D
The temperature in Vortex is a constant 68°F year-round. It's chilly, but it's passable in wetsuits. I don't think I'd try it in short sleeves, but there's probably a significant exposure time differential between my dives and checkout dives. Almost every non-checkout dive I do in Vortex is at *least* an hour, and the last dive I did there was 181 minutes long. Three hours and a minute would be hypothermia in short sleeves, I'd venture. :eek:

Of course, since I have a drysuit, why not wear it, eh? I used to have to be tough, but now I don't need to be (except on Fridays of checkout dives, where I wear a wetsuit and jacket BC in Vortex as a personal favor to the instructors -- they let me wear my "real" gear on Saturday and Sunday when we're out in the Gulf for the rest of the checkout dives). :biggrin:

As for the possible Vortex jaunt this weekend, it just happens to be a reasonable place for a drysuit orientation for my buddy. Of course, she doesn't have dry gloves, so she'll have to suffer the unconscionably frigid temperatures of Vortex with wet gloves! Oh, the humanity! :D (Of course, the jury's still out whether we can get over there, but I'd like to get her some drysuit time before Mammoth Lake opens March 1st, and we don't have any classes scheduled to have pool sessions before then.)

I was just pokin fun at ya Clay. The DD forum has been too quiet.

And after 52F last weekend, those folks in dry suits sure looked like they had the right idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom