8 GB sdhc card problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terfmop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought an 8GB sdhc. My Canon A570 IS recognizes the card and I can grab the photos from the card when I connect the camera directly to my computer. However, my card reader is having issues with my new card. It seems the card reader in computer doesn't recognize or read my 8gb card. I want to put CHDK on the card so I can use the ample room on a 8 gb card for RAW images. But I can't put CHDK on the card if it isn't read by the card reader.

Has anyone else had issues with the larger SD cards?

I have a canon a570 and an 8 gb card I got from supermedia and I haven't had issues yet (knock on wood). Were you able to tranfer the photos to your computer with your old card? Maybe it's the cable or something?

Is your computer card reader SDHC compatible?

My computer has a SD card reader but it won't read a SDHC card. I ended up having to buy a 15-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader (for about $9) that I plug into my computer to download my SDHC cards.

its probably the reader.. I had a similar problem, tried using the built in reader in a wolverine media device (portable HD), it would write up to 4g, then screw up the card, requiring a format (of the card).

tried 2 other readers, they didnt recognize it.

got a Sandisk Micromate reader (small & cheap off amazon). works great.

then i am off to Staples/Officemax to grab one that is sdhc compatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom