New diver/first good cam/dont know which to choose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi everyone

ive being reading a lot of the threads in alcinas link about all the different cameras, i first was gonna go for an expensive dslr but after reading and thinking about it some more i have realised that i would be kidding my self getting the one i had in mind at this stage and i would be much better off going for one of the compact cameras instead, i have a cheap underwater digi that i used on my last trip to the red sea and ive got a couple of nice pictures but i wanna get some better ones on my next trip in april i will also be diving here in ireland in the summer time,please god!!

the thing is im a little confused to say the least as to which compact camera to go for now after reading a couple of the different reviews, i was going to just go ahead and get the fuji f30 but after reading through the canon threads im not so sure anymore

i might be able to get a canon g5 with an ikelite housing from ebay so im tempted to just put a bid on that to see if i meet the guys reserve price

its a bit of a mine feild isint it, i would like to be able to get some good pictures and also learn a bit about photography so i want a camera i can grow with and maybe add to with strobes and other lensesas the time goes by and as i hopefully get to be a better diver and uw photographer

thanks in advance guys

Seems like you're (still) very confused, as you were in the P.M. you sent me......My advice now is to get ahold of alcina (from here), she shoots both kinds you're talking about ie expensive dslr & compact digital cameras......she can answer any question(s) you might have....After that, you'll need to make up your mind, pull the trigger on one & Get With It----there's a hell of a lot of 'on the job training' in UW photography, just find the course & sign up......good luck.......

thanks diver 85

ye see i would like to get the best compact i can but when i read the posts from people in the threads for each make of camera they all seem to say that they couldnt really use anything else but there own make, one of the posters said they are not into any other brand but canon and then i read that someone said there really happy with the fuji f30 and they wouldnt use anything else then another guy said the e900 is the best on the market atm,
so i guess u can see why i dont know which one to go for

thanks again diver 85

anyone else got any views

Back
Top Bottom