Curacao 1/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey mate,
im in a similar boat bought my first u/w camera still havnt had a chance to take it out for a real dive.

i looked at all your shots, i rekon there is potenital for some great pics ...
personally i like PICT0087 its like a landscape a few more fish could have been good.

i will try and go for a snorkel once the weather clears up and try and post some of mine.
im not 100% sure what your camera is so im gona google it

take it easy

Thanks for the input

The reefmaster is an entry level camera from sealife
So far it meets my needs as a newer diver, Curacao was a great reef experience but I was unable to capture the real beauty due to my inability to really hover and be patient for the shot to get a great pic without destroying life around me. My designated buddy had been diving since Cousteau and had the Donald Trump setup camera and got great pics but killed everything below him - I settled for less and had more piece of mind allowing life to continue and let ego sit on the side

Thanks for the comments

David

You have made a really nice start. You are being ambushed by slow shutter speed causing blurring. The closer you get (CLOSER CLOSER CLOSER!!!) the more coverage you will get with your flash. You have a flash, right?

A little color manipulation is always a way of some improvement. I hope you don't mind some quick and dirty manipulation on my part. I did this with Office manager, not photoshop, as most people have that as part of their operating system. With extra time, you can get better results, but with just a few clicks, this is what I got;

Attachments

• 2233707906_59e3eb0828.jpg
    2233707906_59e3eb0828.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2233707906_59e3eb08282.jpg
    2233707906_59e3eb08282.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 2232741069_8bcabb5958.jpg
    2232741069_8bcabb5958.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 2232741069_8bcabb59582.jpg
    2232741069_8bcabb59582.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 21
Allison, I would LOVE to know how you did these changes. The wreck pic is way better, I have some I'd like to fix like this....

Thanks, wow what an improvement!
This was only my second time uw with the camera and I do have a strobe but still need to learn how to use it properly and still learning on Photo Shop as well
Thanks

David

Back
Top Bottom