What price range for Atomic Z2 with Z2 Octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawesjoe

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My LDS has offered 10% off the MSRP of $429 & $290 (octo). I cannot use the net to "shop" & verify if this price is competitive so I am hoping a post here will help.

The octo price seems high. I specified an octo with a "gray" purge cover rather than yellow. Maybe this lead to a higher quote??

I called the other authorized Atomic LDS in my area but they would not quote any prices over the phone. Argh!

Thanks in advance

The second stages in the high end regulators are generally more expensive than the first stages, and the Atomic octos are just regular second stages. Not sure about the specific prices though.

If you goto atomicaquatics.com you can shop online to see their prices. The prices your LDS gave you seem to be right on the money. I can tell you from experience that your LDS is still making a pretty good chunk of change off the sale even at 10 percent. But please support your LDS. They aren't trying to price punch you, just making a living to support their family. It's well worth it in the long run. BTW excellent regs!!!

My LDS has offered 10% off the MSRP of $429 & $290 (octo). I cannot use the net to "shop" & verify if this price is competitive so I am hoping a post here will help.

The octo price seems high. I specified an octo with a "gray" purge cover rather than yellow. Maybe this lead to a higher quote??

I called the other authorized Atomic LDS in my area but they would not quote any prices over the phone. Argh!

Thanks in advance

Those prices are the correct MSRP for those regs. The octo comes in gray, blue or yellow for the same price. The only difference is that the gray and blue have 32" hoses while the yellow has 36" hose standard.
Atomic regs are the best on the market. You're probably not going to find them discounted much more than 10%, maybe if you purchased a complete dive package from your shop.

The prices are good. If you want to save a few $$ see if the shop still has any z1 octos. They are about half the price. But they have not been made for a while. THe only difference is that the diverter is larger on Z2.

That's MSRP and Atomic seems to keep things in that range across the board. All of the Atomic 2nd's are on the expensive side. One strategy is to choose a octo from some other brand. There are a bunch that will work just fine at 1/2 to 1/3 of the price.

Rich

Thank you for the replies! I have ordered the Z2 primary and worked a deal for a Sherwood Magnum for the bungeed second.

Looking forward to the new gear in Fiji (Feb21) & Bonaire in April!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom