Destin Jetty Dive Feb 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok everyone, the plan is to meet at the Destin Jetties at 3:00 pm. High tide is at 3:40 pm. If anyone wants to adjust the time earlier just let me know. Please post on the thread if you plan to attend. I know that GlenFWB sounds like he is going, is there anyone else????

I should be there....looking forward to it.

Ok everyone, the plan is to meet at the Destin Jetties at 3:00 pm. High tide is at 3:40 pm. If anyone wants to adjust the time earlier just let me know. Please post on the thread if you plan to attend. I know that GlenFWB sounds like he is going, is there anyone else????

I may just have to drive over. What are the water conditions going to be like? I will be coming from Louisiana. Where are the Destin jetties? I am not very familiar with that area. Will everyone be diving single tanks?

PM me with details. Thanks.

Jim, on a high tide, water conditions should be fine with 20-30' visibility unless we've just had a ton of rain. Temps will be likely in the mid-upper 50sF. Even at slack tide currents get a bit sporty, but managable(albeit from all directions).

I'll be diving a single 80, its a 1/4 mile hike through loose sand from the nearest parking. The Destin Jetties we dive are on the East side of the pass in Destin. Typically the northernmost finger jetty.

Jim, on a high tide, water conditions should be fine with 20-30' visibility unless we've just had a ton of rain. Temps will be likely in the mid-upper 50sF. Even at slack tide currents get a bit sporty, but managable(albeit from all directions).

I'll be diving a single 80, its a 1/4 mile hike through loose sand from the nearest parking. The Destin Jetties we dive are on the East side of the pass in Destin. Typically the northernmost finger jetty.

I'm so used to diving doubles for the last 8 months, it will be a relief to only have to hoof a single 80.

I'm normally okay in the springs with my 3/2 and 7 mil farmer john, but I am concerned that I may need more on my arms and legs at that temp. What do you think?

Is there a place we can meet up? Anyone up for lunch and discuss the dive ahead of that?

What do I think? I'm going to bring a 5mm and a hoodedvest... Your mileage may vary significantly. In the springs, I'm generally just fine in a 3mm.

We'll all meet up in the parking lot(basically the side of the road) at the head of the trail which winds between a condo, a beach house, has a single shower head for rinsing, and leads out to the beach. The foods gonna come afterwards. There's talk of Callahan's, I'm thinking its time to once again invade McGuire's Irish Pub though.

What do I think? I'm going to bring a 5mm and a hoodedvest... Your mileage may vary significantly. In the springs, I'm generally just fine in a 3mm.

We'll all meet up in the parking lot(basically the side of the road) at the head of the trail which winds between a condo, a beach house, has a single shower head for rinsing, and leads out to the beach. The foods gonna come afterwards. There's talk of Callahan's, I'm thinking its time to once again invade McGuire's Irish Pub though.

Okay, its time to upgrade to a cold water suit. I am going to get a 7/5 with a hood. I'll be fine with that. I just called the LDS, and I am going to get the suit from them.

I need to get directions to the parking lot, if someone would be so kind to PM me that. I will see you next Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom