Which mouthpieces will fit my reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chipstix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey folks.

Can anyone tell me which 'more comfortable' mouthpieces will fit my regulator.

I have a Scubapro R380.

Specifically which of the following will fit:

Aqualung Comfo-bite / Apeks Comfo-bite
Atomic Dual Silicone
SeaCure

I see Scubapro do an improved 'ergonomic' version too, which will obviously fit.

Was thinking of buying a couple and trying them out (keep least favourite as a spare)

The question of which one to go for is a different one and I see discussed with vigour in other threads!!!

Thanks in advance....

Chris

The SeaCure should fit, since it comes in different sizes for almost any reg you're likely to find.

The Atomic should also fit because it's the same size as the SCUBAPro.

Not sure about the others.

Terry

Hey folks.

I have a Scubapro R380.

Atomic Dual Silicone
SeaCure

I see Scubapro do an improved 'ergonomic' version too, which will obviously fit.

Was thinking of buying a couple and trying them out (keep least favourite as a spare)

The question of which one to go for is a different one and I see discussed with vigour in other threads!!!

Thanks in advance....

Chris

The comfo bite's should both fit. As far as I know they are the same part. I have them on all my regs, so I know they fit ScubaPro, Dive Rite, US divers, and Sherwood.

Excellent stuff. Of all of them, I'm least drawn to the Scubapro one, so now I'll just choose the 'top two' and give em a try..... glad it looks like my choice includes all types!!

C.

mouth peices are pretty standard size and will fit most if not all regs...it is what you bit on that will determine your choice of mouth peice..

and the way you mount it..aka the attachement...some use zip ties and other are clamps..

mouth peices are pretty standard size and will fit most if not all regs...it is what you bit on that will determine your choice of mouth peice..

and the way you mount it..aka the attachement...some use zip ties and other are clamps..

Be aware that this is not true for the Apeks ATX200, among some other Apeks models. It takes a substantially wider shoulder on the mouthpiece to fit over the reg and if you try to use a "standard" piece, while you may be able to muscle it on with the aid of some hot water, it WILL pop off on you at an inopportune moment when, for example, you may be 100 feet underwater.

Hey folks.

I have a Scubapro R380.

Atomic Dual Silicone
SeaCure

Was thinking of buying a couple and trying them out (keep least favorite as a spare)

The question of which one to go for is a different one and I see discussed with vigor in other threads!!!

Thanks in advance....

Chris

If you have TMJ you might want to also consider the Atomic swivel LP hose for your ScubaPro regulator. We have that hose on my daughter's ScubaPro MK25SA/S600 regulator.

My wife an I both own Atomic B2 regulators which come with the swivel LP hose. My wife has TMJ and diving doesn't seem to bother it with the Atomic mouthpiece and the swivel hose.

The Oceanic Delta4 is a reasonably priced reg and has a very nice swivel on it.
Also, the Apeks Tungsten XTX has a swivel and is a superior reg (a bit pricey but nice reg nevertheless).

Hi guys, thanks for your tips. I don't think I'm going to buy a new reg yet (all of my hobbies seem to be expensive ones so I have to balance my kit budget!). I may look into swivel joints, will have to investigate how much they cost.

Sorry, what is "TMJ"?

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom