SCUBAtoys Rules!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I had bought a set of "high end" regulators in 2006 from SCUBAtoys. I will not name the brand because they are generally VERY good regulators and widely used. Mine had several problems, though. In July I had and intermediate pressure creep and sent them in to ST for annual service and the IP creep was fixed.

Then the crack pressure was off on both second stages in November. I contacted SCUBAtoys and they adjusted them FOR FREE, including FREE SHIPPING.

Then on a New Year's Day Dive the HP seat was bad in one first stage and the IP was off the scale. I contacted ST and they offer to adjust them again for free. I have started to dive doubles and do some deeper dives and have gotten a bad feeling about this set of regulators (because they always acted up before a "big" dive) and asked for an exchange. Joe said YES!, No Problem! Then I asked if they had to be the same regulators and Joe said Nope! Let us know what you want and we will get them to you!

I spent WEEKS looking over my options and finally settled on what is going to suit me for a long time.

So now I am in possession of my brand-spanking-new Dive Rite Hurricane regulators. They even came with nifty SCUBAtoys regulator bags!

I cannot emphasize enough how much SCUBAtoys helps you with initial purchases, and then help correct any issues AFTER THE SALE. This level of customer care is practically unheard of these days.

This is not just true of big ticket items either. I needed a non-BP/W BC for my DM class and duties and turned to SCUBAtoys for an Aeris Caribe B/C. Not only is it inexpensive, but Joe said it is great for what I am going to do with it. I called the shop and the guy I got (Wayne?) turned out to be about my build and he went and tried a couple on for me to get me the right fit! All for a BC that cost me about $70 after my ST board membership discount, a credit for post count, and a gift card credit card! I dove this BC in St. Thomas and it was actually a GREAT buy for what I paid.

This service, with their price matching and the less than stellar service from my LDSs will keep me as a loyal SCUBAtoys customer for the foreseeable future. 2 day shipping back and forth to SCUBAtoys is well worth the great job they do!

I just got a new Hurricane reg a few day's ago also, have not had a chance to try it yet we got about 6 inches of snow today.

I'll second the ScubaToys recomendation. Very easy to deal with, authorized dealer, and good prices.

Scubatoys is a great place to do business with. Awesome customer service. I purchased a few things from them this past week.

I had a great experience dealing with Joe.
I made a Custom BP/W with different bran and got smoking deal compare to my Local Canadian Dive shop, less then haft the price.
Will definitly buy again

Yes, Scubatoys is pretty impressive! So far (I'm a relatively new client) I'm 100% satisfied! You get the same great prices as other internet vendors (price match included), great service, fast shipping (at a reasonable cost too) and the manufacturers original warranty (sorry, no an inhouse warranty will never be as good).

They rule!

Just as a question, has anybody ever seen a negative post about them on this forum?:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom