Switching hose from right to left side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micklock

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if you can change the hose on a Seaquest XR2 second stage from right to left side?

Does anyone know if you can change the hose on a Seaquest XR2 second stage from right to left side?

Why would you want to?

You could just secure it to an opening on the first stage that would move it to your left, but it would be kind of backwards or upside down trying to put it in your mouth.

I removed my isolation valve to use independent doubles, so I wanted to switch one reg to my left side to help keep track of what reg is with what tank.

I removed my isolation valve to use independent doubles, so I wanted to switch one reg to my left side to help keep track of what reg is with what tank.

OK, I understand then.

I haven't seen a left handed reg, so best I could recommend is to put it on the other tank, use a long hose, then just route the hose around to your right. The long hose will give away which tank it is on.

But, something to remember, the isolation valve is there to make the tanks potentially independent. But your way, you do indeed have 2 totally independent sources.

Ken

I went to my LDS and Tyson switched the hose in about 2 min, and he didn't charge me anything. I tried it out in my living room we still have a bunch of snow and the lake is still frozen. I made another neclace and hung them both from my neck and really like the set up I can switch between the two very easy. I thought I would try this for a year till the next vis on the tanks so I could use my third tank and it would be easier to haul them around. I would like to get a couple40cf worthington's so I can use two 80's on deeper dives, an 80 and a 40 on med dives and two 40's on shalow dives. Thanks for the help, I'll let you how they work out if winter ever ends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom