Sealife dc600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

electecpaul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm new to underwater photography. I just bought a Sealife reefmaster DC600 with a sl 960 flash. Did I do good?

I think you made a great choice. After some extensive research I bought the same set up and was very impressed with how much camera I got for such a cheap price. It's not the top of the line but still a great way to get started... and now I'm hooked.

louxwe's latest photos slideshow on Flickr

Me too. I'm hooked. Although I haven't been diving with it yet (May 29th will be it's maiden voyage), as I familiarize myself with the camera, I'm finding the camera takes excellent land pics. Also, I have a friend who just purchased the Reefmaster and is an excellent underwater photographer. If she got it, you know it's a great camera. A friend of ours, who is a Dive Master, said this camera is an excellent choice for divers.

Congrats on a great choice.

I dove with the Sealife dc600 with two sealife pro strobes last sunday and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. You can find pics here.

Something that had me kinda peaved under water was the fact that the head of the flash popped off the ball of the handle while Iwas at 12 meters and for the life of me I could not get it to pop back in until I got back to surface. If you look closely you can see it in the series of shots since at the beginning I was using two strobes and somewhere in the middle it goes to one strobe because I had to handle one strobe in my hand and the other one was still in position connected to the camera. For everybodies peace of mind, even though the head popped off the ball, it is still attached to the rest of the contraption. Let's call it total freedom of movement shall we?

Meanwhile I couldn't leave good enough alone so I bought an Ikelite housing for my Nikon Coolpix L6 with the dual tray. Currently looking for two Ikelite arm and strobes setups if you know anyone :)

I have the same camera setup and love it.The cam does everything I want and plan on buying my other half one this week. The only thing I would suggest to do is to buy 1 or 2 spare batteries for the camera itself.Depends on how much you plan on using it on dives.

Back
Top Bottom