Storage options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terfmop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What do you use to store your camera and housing when not in use? The instructions to my u/w housing suggest storing in an unopened position so as to not deform the o-ring(if left in a closed position. When opened, the housing can be rather bulky, I was just wondering if anyone had a nice, convenient case for storage.

Thanks.

I carefully remove the O ring and then place it inside the housing & close it up. That way the O ring keeps it's shape & the housing doesn't get dusty inside. I then keep it inside a small camera bag that it fits into nicely that I bought for $15.00. I have another small camera bag for the camera, charger & a spare battery (charger & battery in a separate compartment).
When travelling the housing & camera bag are packed with my dive gear, but the camera goes in my carry on along with many more photo items, dive computer, & regs.

I carefully remove the O ring and then place it inside the housing & close it up. That way the O ring keeps it's shape & the housing doesn't get dusty inside. I then keep it inside a small camera bag that it fits into nicely that I bought for $15.00. I have another small camera bag for the camera, charger & a spare battery (charger & battery in a separate compartment).
When travelling the housing & camera bag are packed with my dive gear, but the camera goes in my carry on along with many more photo items, dive computer, & regs.

I do the same ie remove the o-ring from the housing, place it inside & close(lock) the housing up.....I then place the housing in a large zip-lock bag & seal it up, & store in a climate controlled closet off one of our extra bedrooms......The camera I use as a topside one & just keep it in it's camera bag for topside use.....

I use tupperware (ok, the cheaper version :wink: ). I have various boxes for various things including my dslr lenses. Works a treat and they come in all sizes and shapes. Some of mine have padding in them with cut outs for a particular housing - this whole thing then slides into a soft sided cooler for taking on the boat etc.

If I know my cameras won't be used for a while and I remember, I take the oring out, lightly lube it, stick the oring in ziplock, and put the ziplock inside the housing.

I have 3 sets of o-rings, one for storage only. one for current use and one back up set.

After a good rinsing and allowing to completely dry, I put the storage set of rings in my housing and strobe, prep my current use set as Alcina does and store my rig in my pelican case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom