MK25 Hose configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There are 4 lp ports on the swivel/turret. They are spaced asymetrically. There is about 1/3 of the circumference that has no port on it. Is that space supposed to face your head or the tank valve?

I'm just trying to get my hoses routed in the most logical way. Currently, I have been using it with the swivel up, with the blank part of the turret facing the back of my head. That causes the octo hose to come off at an angle that is kind of away from the rig.

How do you guys configure the hoses that is the most practical and comfortable?

Thanks in advance!

It would seem obvious to me to put the blank side of the turret toward the tank. I would also have the turret facing down but thats just me. Apparently it's easier for some to reach for their hoses when it's up. To add more confusion, there is also a port on the bottom of the turret too. There are really a whole lot of possibilities on how to arrange your hoses. There is no right or wrong way (unless your DIR), just the best way that works for you, and your equipment.

I trun mine at a 45 degree angle. And I use the pl hole at the bottom of the swivel. Hope this helps.:D

I use mine turet up although I was on a dive with a new op and the guys told me i had it wrong way up. I since tried it turet down and i prefer up.
I think it depends on how far up u have your tank as to whether regs/hose hits your neck/head. Easy answer just take your tools on board switch set up's and see whats best 4 u.

First, it depends on DIN or Yoke and single or double. I'll assume single for the purpose of this post.

Yoke: Turret down, blank toward head.

DIN: Turret down, at 45 degrees towards right armpit, blank toward head, alternate scond stage out of turret top (towards armpit), primary to right, BC Fill to left

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom