I got a new addition to my gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Opossum

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Mk2/R190

It was actually the last one in the shop. Since I wanted the reg combo, reg bag and some other goodies, I had to really limit what I spent. So I picked up the Mk2 combo. I did do a dive with the rental Mk2/R190 they had on hand and I hated the hose configuration. I had one hose stabbing me in the back the whole session. So I was not sure about getting one. Once I got my hands on the 1st stage out of the box, I found out that I can configure this where everything would be out of the way, due to my using 1 less hose because my Octo is on my inflator. So I broke down and picked one up. I did notice some jaw fatigue so I got a molded mouthpiece as well. I went through the molding process...this should be every diver's first purchase. It fits so well with very little effort to keep the reg in the right place. I fully recommend it!

I can't wait to get in the water a few times with my reg and make sure all is well before my final dive to get my c-card. I was debating on saving my $$ and getting a higher-end reg assembly, but I know I will not get into anything technical for a few years at least. Because of this I decided to start with a good and reliable low-end set for tropical and some local lake dives.

Thus far I am happy with my purchase. Next up are some gauges, compass (for my nav class that I will take next) and then a computer (along with some other goodies).

I have heard nothing but good things about the Mk2/R190 on here, so that definitely helped to make up my mind. :D

You won't regret buying it, even if you eventually buy a higher performance reg. In that case, the MK2 is an ideal stage/pony reg or back up. Personally I like the hose routing; it's a X, so looking at the reg from where the back of your head would be when diving, you have 10:00 primary 2nd, 4:00 spg/console, and in your case, 2:00 octo/inflator.

You might have the dealer check to make sure that the IP is at 140PSI with a full tank, not any lower, and have them tune the 2nd stage to the 1st.

You won't regret buying it, even if you eventually buy a higher performance reg. In that case, the MK2 is an ideal stage/pony reg or back up. Personally I like the hose routing; it's a X, so looking at the reg from where the back of your head would be when diving, you have 10:00 primary 2nd, 4:00 spg/console, and in your case, 2:00 octo/inflator.

You might have the dealer check to make sure that the IP is at 140PSI with a full tank, not any lower, and have them tune the 2nd stage to the 1st.
Will do.

I was thinking along the same lines as what you said. I figured, yes this combo may be cheap, but as long as I take care of it and keep it serviced, it would remain in my diving bag as a backup just in case. :)

Back
Top Bottom