Can you help me ID these fishes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maggy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
These are taken in Similan Islands, Thailand (Andaman Sea) and even with a thick fish guide, I have not found them.

The first one is "braincoral" patterned and the other has yellow spots and a larger spot in front of the tail. They are both about 30 cm (1 ft).

Anyone know what they are? Thanks for your help.

IMGP1177.jpg

IMGP1183.jpg

i thought i might be able to help, but i was wrong... all i can say is that the 2 top 1s in the bottom foto look like some kind of mullet, but thts not important, either way nice fish.

Art Shark - thanks.

I did find the "find that critter" forum at SB and I posted it there also and got some great help.

The first one is a Vermiculate Rabbitfish and the second is a Golden Rabbitfish. The two on top in second pic, I don't know (but I didn't ask for it either;-)

They are both beautiful and Rabbitfishes are new to me, as I have mostly been diving in the Caribbean so I am not used to Pacific fishes. But it was nice to see something new.

Back
Top Bottom