Need some help for a trip to Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scott11

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Headed to Egypt in a couple of weeks and have a couple questions.

How often does the ferry from Sharm to Hurghada run? Is there a schedule online? Are there alternative modes of transportation?

Anyone know a good inexpensive hotel in Luxor they can recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Their web site is [SIZE=-1]http://www.internationalfastferries.com

[/SIZE]
Thanks Red Sea Shadow.

I tried calling a bunch of the telephone numbers and there was no answer. I tried to email them and the email bounced back because there inbox was full.

Is the ferry service still in business?

The schedule online says it goes between Sharm and Hurghada at 1700 on Thursdays. Would it be a safe bet to just show up and expect to get on?

Is there an alternative to getting from Sharm to Hurghada? Need to catch a liveaboard on Friday evening.

Thanks in advance

Scott

I believe they're still in business. Try calling again. My suggestion is to try their cellular phone numbers.

No it's not safe to just show up. Better make a reservation.

The nice alternative is to find a flight on Egypt Air. Their web site is EgyptAir

I don't know if there's a direct bus from Hurghada to Sharm but, on land, it's a long way (around 750 KM).

Well, I finally got one of the phone numbers to answer for the high speed ferry., Asked three times how I could make reservations and the response was the ferry runs every day but Sunday and Thursday. after the fourth time she said Marriot.

Decided to try another strategy as I had a flight booked into Sharm and I didn't want to stay at the Marriot. Filled in the form online to book a room at Camel Dive/ Hotel and asked if they could get me a reservation on the ferry. Never got a response from them on the room or the ferry and it has been days.

Called Egyptair and changed the flight from Cairo to Sharm to go to Hurghada directly. No hassle, no extra charge no problem. Top notch customer support. Easy to book online and change by phone.

Thanks for the help RSS and 300bar but I guess I will have to try some other time to get a trip to Sharm. I'm sure I could have gotten things planned and booked eventually but the trip is a little over a week away and I need to book activities and hotels for the rest of the trip.

As far as I understand it,you're trying to pre book a complete trip to Egypt.:D
Well that is not gona work.:shakehead:
Try to go there as a travelar and not as a tourist.
Once there, you go to a ticket office and buy a ticket for the day you want to leave.

Egyptians are very good in messin up plans,:rofl3:the are equaly good in last minute organizing.

On one of the first times we went to Egypt,we wanted to take the bus from Hurghada to Cairo,bought the tickets 1 day before, but on the day we would leave there was a group of high ranking military that had to go to Cairo,so they gave them our tickets:11:
We still had to go to Cairo,cause we had to catch the plane home.
The guy at the ticket office had a brillant solution,he knew that the souchef of the Hilton hotel had to go to Cairo aswell, but he could not find a driver for his car,he was afraid to drive in the city of Cairo. :rofl3:
Long story a bit shorter,they give him a call,he picked us up, and I drove the car to Cairo :rofl3:

AND we had a full refund on the bus tickets,so the trip was free.:rofl3:
We arrived before the bus did.

Yes 300bar, I sure was trying to complete a trip with a set timetable.

And I agree with you it wasn't going to work. I'll be allocating 3 days to get from Cairo to Hurghada now. I Think I'll be safe

The only critical timing of the whole trip is getting on the liveaboard on Friday. I have throttled back and will be spending the time I was going to try to squeeze into visiting Sharm to relaxing in Hurghada at some bar near the beach.

You must be one hell of a driver to be able to drive in Egypt :rofl3:

Could be don't know for sure,I think driving in Cairo is fun :D
This was my first try,the secondtime(this was 6 days after the 1st gulf war) we rented a car in the center of Cairo(Tharir Sq.)
and we left for Hurghada at aprox.8 am:11:it was somewhat busy :confused:
I only had 1 Egyptian on the hood of my car:D but since I used my horn,he stood up, smiled and went on his way:rofl3:

And we still drive around in Egypt and I still love it.
did I tell i"m a :dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom