http://www.diveheart.org/

Song with "Protect the Ocean" Theme?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterbkk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am creating a video DVD to educate as many people as possible in Thailand about the need to protect the dwindling coral reefs. It'll be fairly simple with blunt, direct messages. I have most of the video footage (good reef cf damaged reef and dead reef) and can do the narration myself. I can also do the secondary soundtrack using music loops.

But, I think that the DVD needs one or two musical interludes between the narration.

So I am looking for a couple of songs that have a "protect the ocean" theme. I have been through my own extensive music collection and asked several friends, done some internet searches but not yet found anything suitable.

Does anyone out there in scubaboard land know of any suitable song?

If I decide to use the song, I will contact the artist and/or copyright owner to see if they will give me the right to use the song for this good cause. If they don't agree, I might get a local band to record a cover version.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards
Peter

I think it might be tough to contact him for copyright questions, but...

The Earth Song from Michael Jackson might work. It's a very moving music video as well.

I don't know if this might be something but Bindi Irwin just recorded a song
and I believe it's called "save me" about whales. I haven't heard it so I don't
know if it will help you.

I don't know if this might be something but Bindi Irwin just recorded a song
and I believe it's called "save me" about whales. I haven't heard it so I don't
know if it will help you.

Well I just hope she doesn't rap this one like she did the last one..."Hey Mr. Komodo Dragon why you got your big tail waggin" :shakehead: Her heart is in the right place though.

Thank you. All good suggestions which I will check out.

Keep those ideas rolling in...

what about the scuba radio cd's they release a few years back??

i always was partial to "wings"

what about the scuba radio cd's they release a few years back??

i always was partial to "wings"

What do you mean by "wings"?

I have only heard a couple of the scuba radio tracks but weren't they all a bit frivoulous and humourous for a serious topic like "protect the reef"?

Regards
Peter

I guess she means "The Wings" (Paul McCartney, etc).

Difficult to make suggestions without seeing the clip(s), so that one can get an impression of the context/where the music has to fit in.

"Calypso" by John Denver is a nice song.

How about:
Donovan - "Atlantis"?
Richard Marx - "Whole World To Save"?
Dire Straits - "Theme from Local Hero"?

How about some whale songs?

I'll go through my collection as soon as I can, but won't be able to before tomorrow night - gotta dive the "Koot" tomorrow :)

BTW: I've got your Suddhadib DVD and love it. Great video, although (no offense intended) I'm not too fond of the music :)

I guess she means "The Wings" (Paul McCartney, etc).

as much as i liked linda mccartney not even i would suggest her warbling from Wings! :D

im holding Scuba Tunes Vol 2, Check Out Dives... track 6 is Wings... a nice cruisey song that ive always liked.... always thought it would go nice with some underwater footage

mps snip here; :: [ ScubaTunes.com ] ::

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom