Miflex hoses. Anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a full set on my Apeks ATX200 Black Pearl. Changed the BC whip, the primary and the octo over on to MiFlex hoses, so the only rubber hose is the SPG.

The MiFlex hoses are much lighter than the rubber equivalent, and are far more flexible – no resistance at all when you move your head around, etc. Rebreather divers love 'em as they are easy to shape through the casing, much better than rubber ones. You can even tie them in a knot and they still work fine.

More expensive, but we'll see how long they last. Done nearly 100 dives on them and they still look good as new. I have black on the primary, blue for the BCD and glow yellow for the octo.

The new Aqualung Mikron has a MiFlex hose fitted as standard on the primary reg, and two other major manufacturers have apparently expressed an interest in using them as well, so be interesting to see how many other follow suit.

Mark

I believe these come standard on Aqua Lungs new Mirca.

N

Thanks for your info Mark. It's looking as though maybe these hoses are only known in the UK.

...although I haven't had a chance to order any yet, I communicated with the company a while back and they are perfectly willing to ship them to the USA, but contact them first for a shipping estimate.

Karl

I just contacted the company and they will be announcing a US distributor soon, and a US website/store which should have stock by March 1st.

Thanks for all the posting and discussion on Miflex Xtreme hoses.

These will be available in the US from March 08

We will support this with a US information website Miflexhoses that will be linked to the distributors site to enable stockists to be found easily.

Mark, as ever, has made some very good points about their use and once you have seen the hoses you will understand the difference in wieht and flexibility.

If you have any questions about the hoses please feel free to email me and I will try to answer them and forward any stockist enquiries on to our distributor

Peter
Miflexhoses

Interesting and unique product, I will be checking out the US distributors website when they come on line

... and Welcome to ScubaBoard, Peter :)

I am interested in checking them out. Seem to be a better hose than the rubber ones. I will wait to see how much they cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom