Zeagle Razor 1st stage for pony?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am putting together a pony set-up and am leaning towards the streamlined Zeagle Razor for my first stage. Has anyone used one of these? Any thoughts on pros and cons?

If you got a pony bottle with a valve and another reg you could also use the reg on a set of doubles if you ever wanted to and wouldn't have a tank with no valve and no pressure in it.

My instructor owns one and I have used it. He’s planning on O2 cleaning it and using it as his O2 bottle when he and I take our deco course together. It breathes surprisingly well. The advantages are it’s compactness mainly. The disadvantage that I see, is it is now dedicated. You can’t swap it out with another reg if you have a problem. You can’t move it to doubles if you want to try that route. Give it some consideration, it is a really nice little piece of hardware that works well, but it’s not for everyone.

I use one for a Pony. I have two Pony tanks. A 6 cubic foot and a 13. I take one or the other depending on the location. I fly everywhere so I have to empty the tank and remove the Razor anyway. I mostly use the 13 but some of the shallower destinations are fine with the 6.

-Charles

Charles,
If you were doing it over again would you choose the Razor or a conventional regulator and valve?

i have a 13 pony and I use the razor as well. I also travel and disassemble the apparatus for TSA each trip so having less parts is important to me.

H2odyssey has a similar set-up as well for about $100.00 cheaper. Have you looked into it?
I'm thinking of going that route. I would go for the Zeagle, but not sure if it is worth the extra $100.00 - $120.00.

I use one for a Pony. I have two Pony tanks. A 6 cubic foot and a 13. I take one or the other depending on the location. I fly everywhere so I have to empty the tank and remove the Razor anyway. I mostly use the 13 but some of the shallower destinations are fine with the 6.

-Charles
Charles, I am considering a similar setup as you. How easy is it to remove and reinstall the Razor, especially considering when you get to your trip destination?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom