Scubapro MK18 to MK17 conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was talking to a tech yesterday and he said there was a kit to change a MK18 to essentially a MK 17 (or actually 19 since it has the swivel turret). Anyone heard of this? Supposedly the kit is minimal expense.

I was talking to a tech yesterday and he said there was a kit to change a MK18 to essentially a MK 17 (or actually 19 since it has the swivel turret). Anyone heard of this? Supposedly the kit is minimal expense.

I picked one up and upgraded mine. The kit only contains the knife edge (replaced the Mk18 seat), the Mk17 poppet and an O-ring for the poppet. It would be just as easy to do with a Mk17 annual kit and the knife edge orifice.

I did the upgrade after getting 3 Mk17s which were much more reliable. The upgrade to the Mk18 does not include a second diaphragm, so it would not become equivalent to the Mk19.

I have not noticed an increase in performance, or any drop in noise. I am hoping that this combination will not be as finicky as the Mk18 HP seats that were failing ever 6 months ;(

Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom