Got F30/Ikelite housing ye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

i got my fuji f30 yesterday,

im just about to order the ikelite housing for it

is the ikelite a good housing for this camera or will i go for the fuji housing

anyone got a link to the strobes that will work with either housing and this camera

thanks guys

Why not the Fuji housing.?? is this an availability issue?
The fuji housing has a double O-ring, is smaller so you could put your camera in your BCD pocket and you will be able to get the Inon mount to fit various wet lenses. I would guess the Ikelite housing would be more expensive and larger.You may need a special adapter to add wet lenses.

the only advantage for the Ikelite housing would be the depth rating & is more robust.

An optically fired strobe would work on either housing.
Good luck with your choice. I have heard great things about the F30.
You should look at adding the Inon UFL lens rather than a more expensive housing IMHO.

hi kevster

thanks for the advice

i asked camerasunderwater what they thought and they said this

"It sounds like the Fuji housing will be fine for your needs. The Fuji
has a 40m depth rating and the Ikelite has a 60m depth rating.
The Fuji is a smaller housing which takes a bayonet style wide angle
lens (this tends to be the preferred way of fitting a lens rather than
a
screw fit lens which the Ikelite will use).

The advantage of having an Ikelite housing over a Fuji housing is that
the Ikelite housing is more hard wearing - it is also very easy to get
spare parts for Ikelite housings, where as if a part is needed for a
Fuji housing they are not available and there for essentially when out
of warranty they are a throw away housing."

would u agree kev? which parts are likely to need replacing??is it the o rings?? do they go very soon??

im not sure which housing to go for now, i dont want to have to throw the fuji housing away as soon as something wears out ye know? so maybe it would be better to get the ikelite one so i only have to get a housing once for this camera

thanks mate

The Ikelite housing will be more robust and Ikelite has great customer service.

However I would not worry too much about the Fuji housing needing to be replaced.
There is not that much that can go wrong with a housing as long as you take reasonable care of it. I.e wash in fresh water after each dive day to remove salt, carefully remove the o-rings & grease before each dive day etc. As long as you are careful and follow the guidelines the fuji housing should be just as reliable as the Ikelite one in terms of avoiding a flood.

I would rather the smaller housing that would take the inon wet lens even if was more expensive. On many dives I would have liked to be able to put my camera in my BCD pocket when conditions are rough (i.e safety stop on mooring line in big swell)
Besides you will probably want to upgrade your equipment in a few years time once you become addicted to taking photos so don’t worry too much about the housing lasting a life time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom