Vista

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Siilverback

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I ordered a downloader for my Diverite Duo about 3 weeks ago from my local dive shop. I'm being told it is on backorder until Diverite's software is Vista compatible. Has anyone else heard this? I've been dealing with this shop for years so I now they're not trying to rip me off.

what operating system do you have on your computer?
maybe they didn't want to send you something that wasn't vista compatible if you're running vista. if you have xp then I don't see why they would need to wait. could be that DR just isn't shipping any software at the moment? Your LDS can only get what they are sent...

safe diving.

I have computers with both Vista and Xp. My LDS said his supplier would not ship until the program was updated and he doesnt have any in stock.

I ordered a downloader for my Diverite Duo about 3 weeks ago from my local dive shop. I'm being told it is on backorder until Diverite's software is Vista compatible. Has anyone else heard this? I've been dealing with this shop for years so I now they're not trying to rip me off.

Hi, thanks for posting this message. The NiTek DUO Download kit is on backorder at Dive Rite warehouse, but several of our larger dealers have them in stock. The backorder is not due to Vista, we will have more in stock soon.

NiTek Logic software and NiTek DUO download kit is working on Vista Home edition which has 32-bit drivers. It will not work on Vista Ultimate which has 64-bit drivers.

We have asked for an upgrade to be available and are awaiting that progress. I do not anticipate that to be available any time soon.

NiTek Plus (just FYI) works on both Vista Home and Vista Ultimate.

Best,
Kathleen

Hi, thanks for posting this message. The NiTek DUO Download kit is on backorder at Dive Rite warehouse, but several of our larger dealers have them in stock. The backorder is not due to Vista, we will have more in stock soon.

NiTek Logic software and NiTek DUO download kit is working on Vista Home edition which has 32-bit drivers. It will not work on Vista Ultimate which has 64-bit drivers.

We have asked for an upgrade to be available and are awaiting that progress. I do not anticipate that to be available any time soon.

NiTek Plus (just FYI) works on both Vista Home and Vista Ultimate.

Best,
Kathleen

Does Nitek Plus work with the Duo and if it does how do we get it?

Does Nitek Plus work with the Duo and if it does how do we get it?

Hi,

No, thanks for asking. This gives me a chance to clarify. The drivers for the NiTek Duo only work with Windows Vista 32 bit operating system, so it will encounter problems if trying to operate it on a 64 bit operating system because the 64 bit system is too fast and the drivers cannot keep up. Seiko is working on a fix for this and as soon as we know, we will broadcast.

In our experience, the NiTek Plus seems to be working all right on the 64 bit operating system. This is not "official" from Seiko, but a couple of guys here are using the NiTek Plus with Windows Vista Ultimate, 64-bit OS.

However, there is no such thing as the NiTek DUO using the NiTek Plus drivers.

I hope this helps a bit.
Best,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom